Use Shredded Paper as Fire Starter

What happens to your shredded material at home or the office? I take them on camping trips! The paper shreds are a perfect fire starter. Sprinkle them in the pit, add wood, then sprinkle more on top. They make it very easy to get the fire going and it adds to the purpose of "shredding" for sure. Not to mention, re-purposing your shredded paper as a fire starter keeps it out of the landfill.

By Lori from Greenwood, MO

Answers:

Use Shredded Paper as Fire Starter

I like the basic idea - I'd be more comfortable with making the shreds into less "blowable" fire starters, I think. I am going to try stuffing shreds into a toilet paper tube, AND I'm going to try putting some shreds in a cardboard egg carton with some melted paraffin wax poured over the top... (06/15/2010)

By MooseMom

Use Shredded Paper as Fire Starter

Keep your paper towel rolls and toilet tissue rolls and stuff them with your shredded paper and use them for fire starters in camp fires. Little of the fire starter on the roll and you are ready to go. (06/15/2010)

By patpan

Homemade firestarters made in muffin tins
Homemade Fire Starters
LIttle BOy Looking in the Mirror at his Fire Fighter Costume
Making a Fire Fighter Costume
Shredded Paper
Making Shredded Paper for Crafts
Waste Bin Full of Shredded Paper
Recycling Shredded Paper
sourdough starter
Sourdough Starter Recipes
🎉
🎄