Use a Coffee Can Lid as a Cutting Board

This is a guide about use a coffee can lid as a cutting board. Reuse a large plastic lid as a cutting surface in the kitchen or in your lunch box before recycling it.

August 7, 2015 Flag

I am a compulsive recycler and not all of my recyclables go into the pickup bin. I emptied a large container of coffee this morning and discovered that the plastic cover makes a perfect cutting board for a small item. I wanted a peach and it was too much trouble to get out a real cutting board so I washed the lid and used it. When I get to the point of cutting too many things on it, I'll toss it in the bin.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

My husband and I have been using these for years-for quick camp cutting, in the home picnic bag, in the truck picnic bag (just the basics for unplanned food stops), in our work lunch bags before we retired, etc. Very handy!

Great idea! Those lids as well as shortening lids also make great spoon or spatula rests for cooking.

In These Guides
Plastic Lid Photo Ornament
Uses for Plastic Lids
can lid with a peach and knife
Alternatives to Wood Cutting Boards
Better Living Green Living ReusingDecember 28, 2016
pan with lid
Removing a Lid Stuck on a Pan
lace tank topper
Making Toilet Tank/Lid Covers
Coffe Maker
Cleaning a Drip Coffee Maker
Bulletin Board
Making a Bulletin Board
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 15, 2017 at 12:15:36 PM on 10.0.1.229 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.