Useful Gift Ideas For Boyfriend

I'm leaving for college in a week, and my boyfriend of 1 year is leaving in 3 weeks. His birthday is 3 days after he moves, so I need a birthday/going away gift that will be good for college. It kind of stinks because I can't do anything special with him. I'll be 4 hours away. But I still want to give him something meaningful, and something he will use. And ideas would be wonderful.

Sharkey

Answers:

Useful Gift Ideas For Boyfriend

Give him a nice throw for his dorm room. He'll think of you when he uses it. (08/29/2008)

By Pat

Useful Gift Ideas For Boyfriend

I assume that you are on here because $ is tight too, a sweet (possibly corny) gift could be to glue pictures of you together on notebooks, secure the edges with fabric paint or they will peel up, and print a couple pictures of you on iron-on paper then iron them on pillow cases for him. That way he will always have reminders of you.

You could also burn a copy of a favorite DVD and send microwave popcorn so you could watch a movie "together". For 8.99 a month you could each get Netflix and have the same movies sent each week if you enjoyed that. If you're up for spending more, having a watch engraved would be really nice.
(08/29/2008)

Useful Gift Ideas For Boyfriend

I filled a pop up hamper (or trashcan, laundry bag, etc.) with food items, a book you could both enjoy reading (or a sports magazine, bible devotional, joke book, etc.), some note cards or a phone calling card if you can't afford a cell or long distance. Some playing cards, a CD of special music to remind him of you, your photograph, puzzle books, etc. This doesn't have to cost a lot of money and can be personalized for the recipient. Add some home-made cookies since the way to a man's heart is through his stomach. (09/02/2008)

By Diana

Useful Gift Ideas For Boyfriend

I am an eighty-two year old male. When I was eighteen, I received a stainless steel pocket knife with a scissors, nail file, and knife blade. (Neiman-Marcus men's department) I still use it almost daily. Try a jewelry store where his initials can be engraved on it, or check out Swiss army knives, most hardware stores carry them, or go online.

Be sure he gives you a penny when you give it to him. (09/02/2008)