Uses for Empty Tissue Boxes

Before discarding that kleenex box you may want to consider some of these ideas. This guide is about uses for empty tissue boxes.

February 1, 2015 Flag

With the colds and flu that are going around, you may find that you are constantly dragging around a box of tissues. This simple tip will provide you with both the ever needed tissues, along with a handy trash can for the used ones.

Take an empty tissue box and remove the plastic flaps around the opening. Then using two large rubber bands, attach a full box of tissues to the empty one. This is also a great option if your kiddo is sick on the couch. :)

This is a terrific idea! How about putting a bottle of Purell beside it?

November 24, 2010 Flag

I use empty tissue boxes by my washer and dryer to put the lint and used dryer sheets in. They hold an incredible amount and because of the small opening with plastic lining, it keeps the lint from flying around in the air! I have a family of 5 so I do a LOT of laundry! I find one empty box will easily last 4-6 weeks. I also use it to put trash from pockets into - my teenage son is great for leaving things in his pockets. I also keep an old piggy bank beside the tissue box. The loose pocket change really adds up!

By 09dsh from OH

That's a great idea! The tissue box takes up less room than a trash can too. Thanks!

January 13, 2010 Flag

Empty Kleenex boxes are great for storing plastic grocery bags. I put a box of them in the bathroom cabinet for use in the bathroom trash basket and under the kitchen sink for the kitchen trash can.

August 2, 2010 Flag

Open up the glued end of an empty large tissue box so it is now flat. Trim off the logo area. You can use the plain white area if you wish. Trim off ends and save them. You can get three tiny gift tags from the ends.

January 24, 2007 Flag

Here are some creative ways to reuse tissue boxes. Post your own ideas below.

Uses for Tissue Boxes

April 26, 2010 Flag

I place my paper scraps in an empty decorative tissue box while working on my scrapbooking. This can be used for any project that creates small pieces of trash. This way your craft area stays clean as you create.

October 18, 2010 Flag

I find that I can keep my miscellaneous small plastic bags that keep on coming in more or less in check by putting them into empty Kleenex boxes and putting them on a shelf. Much neater! And the boxes will really hold quite a few bags scrunched together.

July 11, 2012 Flag

There have been some suggestions for how to use empty facial tissue boxes. I need more ideas. What do you use your empty facial tissue boxes for? (besides tiny trash cans near desks, or to store folded plastic bags.) I use mine for holding balls of yarn which like to bounce around then roll across the floor. I hate for yarn to get on the floor. Yuck. I wonder if they are too big to use in drawers for organizing? Would they take up more room than the items themselves?

By JazzyMe from Los Angeles, CA

Best Answer

I also put my change in the empty box next to my bed. Easy in, easy out and my kids don't look there for my money ;)

October 8, 2007 Flag

I have Kleenex all over the house, almost every room. Instead of constantly buying the small square box that fits in the common decorative Kleenex holder, I keep reusing the first box.

February 22, 2011 Flag

If you re-use zip-lock bags, use empty tissue boxes to store the bags. Fold them neatly so they pop out like tissue.

August 31, 2015 Flag

When finished with tissue boxes cut from the centre to the corners and fold all sides down. Then staple the folded sides to the sides of the box, It is now ready to keep all your paid accounts in.

February 26, 2011 Flag

I cut off the tops of square tissue boxes and use them to put things in.

February 25, 2011 Flag

Make nice catch-all boxes for craft supplies, toiletries, or other objects from empty tissue boxes. Use tissue boxes with nice colors or designs and that have the words on the bottom. From the center hole, cut a line to each corner, glue underside with craft glue or glue-all, and press into box. You may have to hold down for a couple of minutes.

By Cher from Oxford, ME

Answers:

Make Supply Boxes from Tissue Boxes

Great idea, especially for kids craft storage. They could glue their own pictures on it to call it their own. (08/11/2010)

By paulajeromeg

Make Supply Boxes from Tissue Boxes

Great idea! Maybe you could hold down the freshly glued flaps with long chip clips. (08/11/2010)

By yoder178

November 24, 2010 Flag

One way I reuse those empty, small tissue boxes (with the plastic over the hole in the top) is to fill it with dryer lint as I do laundry. It keeps the lint contained, holds a LOT of lint, and can be tossed when full.

By Jan from Gainesville, GA

Answers:

Use Empty Kleenex Box For Dryer Lint

I always use an empty tissue box for dryer lint but do not toss them when full. They make the perfect fire starter for our wood burning stove in the winter. (07/22/2010)

By MaggieGrace

Use Empty Kleenex Box For Dryer Lint

Or put lint in an empty toilet paper/paper towel cardboard tube and use for fire starters. (07/23/2010)

By ilonacr

Use Empty Kleenex Box For Dryer Lint

Dryer lint is compostable. Another use is to pull it into smaller bits and put it out where you see birds gather or feed in your yard. They take bits back to help feather their nests. Anything to keep it out of the landfill. (07/24/2010)

By Katie-Lou

Use Empty Kleenex Box For Dryer Lint

Birds also like the hair that you pull from your hair brush. I used to stand in the back yard and clean my hair brushes. Just toss it out there and birds will find it. It doesn't look all cluttery either. (07/26/2010)

By MartyD

October 18, 2010 Flag

I have been using Kleenex boxes to hold reusable plastic bags for years. Hold the bag at one end, then run your hand down it and fold like an accordion, back and forth. You can fit several in a box. The ones with plastic strips on top work best and the pure cardboard for the large bags.

Not only that but, check this out, take the Kleenex box to the grocery store like Basha's, etc. They are compact and you get .05 cents off for each bag you reuse. Kinda cool.

By Pamela from Sun Lakes, AZ

July 21, 2010 Flag

Whenever I had to clean out the lint from my dryer it would get everywhere (darn dust!). I didn't want to haul the lint from my laundry room (very small) all the way across the house to the kitchen trash, so I had a little bucket on top of my dryer and stuck it in there instead, but the dust still got everywhere. Then my son brought me an empty tissue box asking "mom where do i put this!"; (This is a usual question in our house it seems "where does one put trash?"). Then it dawned on me. I can use this for the lint from my dryer!

This works like a charm! Since it has the little plastic "trap door" on top of the box, the lint doesn't escape! When it's full, I just throw it out and use the next box. And another great thing is since it sort of has a lid and you can push it all down without it trying to pop out, you can cram a lot in that little box! I love my little lint trash cans! And I'm recycling!

Also. Tissue boxes work great for storing plastic bags. Just get all the air out and roll them up and you can cram so many plastic bags into your little box!

By Katja from Katy, TX

Answers:

Use Empty Kleenex Box For Dryer Lint

What a Great Idea! (08/18/2008)

By beht

Use Empty Kleenex Box For Dryer Lint

Yes, I keep an empty Kleenex box (one of the long ones) on my headboard to keep my "nighttime" stuff in... My face and hand cream and any jewelry I take off and of course my favorite crochet hook, etc, etc ... You'd be surprised how handy these little boxes can be!

You can also take the lint and throw it outside... The birds absolutely love it to make their nests with! (08/18/2008)

By Cyinda

Use Empty Kleenex Box For Dryer Lint

Thanks Katya, i this is a great idea!! I keep an empty kleenex box in the pantry and stuff all the receipts in for one month at a time. You can write on the outside to keep track of month and year and they are much nicer to look at when stored in your closet or office. Natalie from SK, Canada (08/25/2008)

By Nallorey

Use Empty Kleenex Box For Dryer Lint

Don't trash that dryer lint! Birds love it for their nest,, and it is great to start a fire with in the burn barrell, BBQ grill, and fireplace. (09/02/2008)

By mom-from-missouri

What to do with boxes full of dryer lint: Firestarters!

You need:

Wax-covered paper milk cartons -- smaller sizes, like half-pints, work best. Old, broken cotton shoelaces. Tiny broken crayon tips, un-usable ends of candles, and any other scrap wax. A bunch of dryer lint, or wood shavings from a pencil sharpener. A fireplace at home, a camp stove in the back yard, or a camping trip coming up

Directions:

Put a shoelace into the milk carton, making sure a little bit sticks out (the cotton end, not the end with the plastic wrapped around it). Put in a little dryer lint, too. Melt your wax and pour it into the milk cartons. Again, it doesn't really matter how much; just leave some shoelace sticking out. Let it cool and harden. You can remove the wax milk carton or leave it on, it really doesn't matter. Whenever you need to start a fire, just put one of these down and then pile your wood over it, leaving enough room for air to circulate. Voila -- you'll have a fire going in no time, without the use of any harsh firestarting chemicals. (12/30/2008)

By Chayil

Use Empty Kleenex Box For Dryer Lint

Great idea. I use an empty coffee can with a hole cut in the lid. The dryer sheets help to get the lint off of the filter in the dryer. I put them both in the can. When it's time to empty, just remove the lid and empty. (09/03/2009)

By dragonflysue

April 26, 2010 Flag

Don't throw empty tissue boxes away right away. They can have a second life as perfect little trash cans for vanity table or bathroom!

February 17, 2010 Flag

I keep an empty facial tissue box in my desk drawer at work, (the pop-up kind of box), stuffed with empty plastic grocery bags.

January 13, 2010 Flag

Don't throw away those empty tissue boxes, instead, store plastic grocery bags in them; one in each bathroom, near baby changing stations, in garage.

October 5, 2009 Flag

My daughter taught me this one. Fill an empty tissue box with the plastic carry bags you get that hold groceries.

Load More
Better Living Green Living ReusingJuly 13, 2012
Colorful Tissue Paper
Reusing Tissue Paper
Cigars in a Box
Craft Ideas for Cigar Boxes
Cigars in a Box
Uses for Cigar Boxes
Colorful Tissue Paper
Cleaning Tissue Paper Stains From Carpet
🎉
🎄