Storing Plastic Bags in a Tissue Box

Empty Kleenex boxes are great for storing plastic grocery bags. I put a box of them in the bathroom cabinet for use in the bathroom trash basket and under the kitchen sink for the kitchen trash can.

Also a Kleenex box makes a mini-trash basket to set near a desk or other area.

By Judy S. from North Dakota

11 More Solutions

With I store all my plastic bags in empty tissue boxes. Just tuck them in and pull them out one by one as needed. It's so easy to grab for lining garbage cans, dog walks, or any other fast thing I might need them for.

I simply store my used plastic bags in an empty tissue box. Pretty and easy to retrieve! I use a smaller square tissue box under my bathroom sink to store spare bags to line my bathroom garage can.

A empty tissue box being reused to store plastic bags.

I find that I can keep my miscellaneous small plastic bags that keep on coming in more or less in check by putting them into empty Kleenex boxes and putting them on a shelf. Much neater! And the boxes will really hold quite a few bags scrunched together.

If you re-use zip-lock bags, use empty tissue boxes to store the bags. Fold them neatly so they pop out like tissue.

I love the idea. Is there a secial way to fold them so that they come out of the box easier (like tissue)?

Answers

Put one bag in bottom first. Loop the second bag bottom into the handle of the bag inserted before. Repeat until all the bags are done. Here is a video: www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ukl5sOLQ1hk

I did a tutorial on this here on ThriftyFun!

www.thriftyfun.com/DIY-Plastic-Bag-Dispenser-1.html

Hope it helps!

I use a tissue box for storing store bags because it is a convenient size to keep in different places - sometimes I use the small square size and other places the traditional long size according to the space available.
I guess that I have never had the patience or desire to fold my bags so I just check the bags for holes and stuff them in the boxes - usually just one bag comes free when needed - but that is just my way and should not reflect on anyone who wishes to be neater with their storage.

Answer this Question

I have been using Kleenex boxes to hold reusable plastic bags for years. Hold the bag at one end, then run your hand down it and fold like an accordion, back and forth.

I keep an empty facial tissue box in my desk drawer at work, (the pop-up kind of box), stuffed with empty plastic grocery bags.

Don't throw away those empty tissue boxes, instead, store plastic grocery bags in them; one in each bathroom, near baby changing stations, in garage.

My daughter taught me this one. Fill an empty tissue box with the plastic carry bags you get that hold groceries.

Tissue Boxes for Plastic Bags

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

We used a number of Kleenex tissues this winter and I tend to buy the ones that are decorative. Instead of tossing them out when empty, I stuff the plastic grocery bags in each empty tissue box.

In These Pages
Better Living Green Living ReusingFebruary 23, 2017
💘
🍀
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Store-Plastic-Bags-in-a-Tissue-Box.html