Using an Empty Tissue Box as Trash Can

Category Reusing
When empty, give your tissue box a second life as a small trash can for craft scraps or even used tissues. This is a guide about using an empty tissue box as a small trash can.

With the colds and flu that are going around, you may find that you are constantly dragging around a box of tissues. This simple tip will provide you with both the ever needed tissues, along with a handy trash can for the used ones.

Take an empty tissue box and remove the plastic flaps around the opening. Then using two large rubber bands, attach a full box of tissues to the empty one. This is also a great option if your kiddo is sick on the couch. :)

I place my paper scraps in an empty decorative tissue box while working on my scrapbooking. This can be used for any project that creates small pieces of trash. This way your craft area stays clean as you create.

By Pine4 from Littleton, CO

The next time you have a cold, rubber-band an empty tissue box to your full tissue box. Use the empty box to store the used tissues. It keeps things neat and less germs will spread.

Source: Shared on Facebook

Don't throw empty tissue boxes away right away. They can have a second life as perfect little trash cans for vanity table or bathroom! Having one where you do your makeup makes it so much easier to throw used cotton swabs, eyeliner shavings, etc. neatly away. This is how I use them, but they could probably be used in crafts, too. When it's full, you can just throw it away.

By Paula from San Francisco, CA

Answers:

Use Empty Tissue Boxes for Small Trash Can

I use them as trash cans in my minivan! They just fit between the two front seats and are great for getting rid of used tissues, gum wrappers, and other trash. (05/14/2009)

By Pam

I use one to hold plastic grocery bags. It holds quite a few very neatly and then you just pull one out at a time from the top. (05/14/2009)

By Debbie Dzurilla

What great ideas! I'm definitely going to put one near my bathroom sinks. And I'll also stick my plastic bags in another one! (05/14/2009)

By Cricket

I keep one on my dryer for lint and what not. (08/18/2009)

By Keeper

You are so right. I keep one in my kitchen to put can lids and paper seals in. I was thinking of submitting the tip but you beat me to it. Good going. (08/18/2009)

By Gailya Illsley

Great idea! Some of us are always thinking! (08/18/2009)

By Pam Miller

I long have used these little boxes. After shopping, I put my sales receipts into one. I got tired of seeing little pieces of paper all over my desk. I am an author who writes different types of books. I can mark the future book name on a tissue box and place my notes inside and forget it until I am ready to write. Dr Robert E McGinnis (08/18/2009)

By Dr Robert E McGinnis

Normally I break it down, remove plastic, and recycle. I put one on my dashboard and cut a small opening. Put a radar detector in it so it just looks like tissue. (08/18/2009)

By Lynn

I have small trash cans nearby; I recycle the tissue boxes, as they're cardboard. (08/19/2009)

By abcs

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes