Use Empty Kleenex Box For Dryer Lint

Category Laundry
An empty Kleenex box is perfect for holding dryer lint. Once full it can be discarded and a new one begun. It is a convenient way to control the wads of lint when doing a lot of laundry.

I use empty tissue boxes by my washer and dryer to put the lint and used dryer sheets in. They hold an incredible amount and because of the small opening with plastic lining, it keeps the lint from flying around in the air! I have a family of 5 so I do a LOT of laundry! I find one empty box will easily last 4-6 weeks. I also use it to put trash from pockets into - my teenage son is great for leaving things in his pockets. I also keep an old piggy bank beside the tissue box. The loose pocket change really adds up!

By Deb from OH

One way I reuse those empty, small tissue boxes (with the plastic over the hole in the top) is to fill it with dryer lint as I do laundry. It keeps the lint contained, holds a LOT of lint, and can be tossed when full.

By J from Gainesville, GA

Answers:

Use Empty Kleenex Box For Dryer Lint

I always use an empty tissue box for dryer lint but do not toss them when full. They make the perfect fire starter for our wood burning stove in the winter. (07/22/2010)

By MaggieGrace

Use Empty Kleenex Box For Dryer Lint

Or put lint in an empty toilet paper/paper towel cardboard tube and use for fire starters. (07/23/2010)

By Ilona Crabtree

Use Empty Kleenex Box For Dryer Lint

Dryer lint is compostable. Another use is to pull it into smaller bits and put it out where you see birds gather or feed in your yard. They take bits back to help feather their nests. Anything to keep it out of the landfill. (07/24/2010)

By Katie-Lou

Use Empty Kleenex Box For Dryer Lint

Birds also like the hair that you pull from your hair brush. I used to stand in the back yard and clean my hair brushes. Just toss it out there and birds will find it. It doesn't look all cluttery either. (07/26/2010)

By Marty Dick

Whenever I had to clean out the lint from my dryer it would get everywhere (darn dust!). I didn't want to haul the lint from my laundry room (very small) all the way across the house to the kitchen trash, so I had a little bucket on top of my dryer and stuck it in there instead, but the dust still got everywhere. Then my son brought me an empty tissue box asking "mom where do i put this!"; (This is a usual question in our house it seems "where does one put trash?"). Then it dawned on me. I can use this for the lint from my dryer!

This works like a charm! Since it has the little plastic "trap door" on top of the box, the lint doesn't escape! When it's full, I just throw it out and use the next box. And another great thing is since it sort of has a lid and you can push it all down without it trying to pop out, you can cram a lot in that little box! I love my little lint trash cans! And I'm recycling!

Also. Tissue boxes work great for storing plastic bags. Just get all the air out and roll them up and you can cram so many plastic bags into your little box!

By Katja from Katy, TX

Answers:

Use Empty Kleenex Box For Dryer Lint

What a Great Idea! (08/18/2008)

By beht

Use Empty Kleenex Box For Dryer Lint

Yes, I keep an empty Kleenex box (one of the long ones) on my headboard to keep my "nighttime" stuff in... My face and hand cream and any jewelry I take off and of course my favorite crochet hook, etc, etc ... You'd be surprised how handy these little boxes can be!

You can also take the lint and throw it outside... The birds absolutely love it to make their nests with! (08/18/2008)

By Cyinda

Use Empty Kleenex Box For Dryer Lint

Thanks Katya, i this is a great idea!! I keep an empty kleenex box in the pantry and stuff all the receipts in for one month at a time. You can write on the outside to keep track of month and year and they are much nicer to look at when stored in your closet or office. Natalie from SK, Canada (08/25/2008)

By Natalie Neufeld

Use Empty Kleenex Box For Dryer Lint

Don't trash that dryer lint! Birds love it for their nest,, and it is great to start a fire with in the burn barrell, BBQ grill, and fireplace. (09/02/2008)

By mom-from-missouri

What to do with boxes full of dryer lint: Firestarters!

You need:

Wax-covered paper milk cartons -- smaller sizes, like half-pints, work best. Old, broken cotton shoelaces. Tiny broken crayon tips, un-usable ends of candles, and any other scrap wax. A bunch of dryer lint, or wood shavings from a pencil sharpener. A fireplace at home, a camp stove in the back yard, or a camping trip coming up

Directions:

Put a shoelace into the milk carton, making sure a little bit sticks out (the cotton end, not the end with the plastic wrapped around it). Put in a little dryer lint, too. Melt your wax and pour it into the milk cartons. Again, it doesn't really matter how much; just leave some shoelace sticking out. Let it cool and harden. You can remove the wax milk carton or leave it on, it really doesn't matter. Whenever you need to start a fire, just put one of these down and then pile your wood over it, leaving enough room for air to circulate. Voila -- you'll have a fire going in no time, without the use of any harsh firestarting chemicals. (12/30/2008)

By Chayil

Use Empty Kleenex Box For Dryer Lint

Great idea. I use an empty coffee can with a hole cut in the lid. The dryer sheets help to get the lint off of the filter in the dryer. I put them both in the can. When it's time to empty, just remove the lid and empty. (09/03/2009)

By Sue Hinely

Home and Garden Cleaning LaundryNovember 21, 2019
🎄
🍂