Uses for Pine-Sol

A strong smelling cleaning agent that has been manufactured since 1929. It is effective for a variety of jobs. This guide contains uses for Pine-Sol.

Pine-Sol
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

Keep a spray bottle of half Pinesol/half water under your sink spray outside garbage cans or anywhere you have a pest problem. Animals like rodents, opossums, raccoons, etc. don't like the smell.

CommentMoreRead More...Was this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I had a problem with our cats wetting in places other than their litter box. I found out if I wash the floor with PineSol they would stay away from that spot. They soon went back to the box where they were suppose to be using.

By Connie

I know I recently posted a request about my dogs fleas but now they are worse! She keeps scratching her neck and now she's bald there! Can I use pine-sol on her? I have heard many different responses to this! Please help, thanx!

Emily from TX

Editor's Note: Pinesol is toxic to pets, even using it on your floors is considered a hazard by some. Never use it on your dog.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

A Quick and cheap solution to a a dog with flea infestation or the mange(a type of dog louse) Seargents Skip flea shampoo, its the green stuff. Bath with lots of lather repeat after a week, then use deterrent product to keep them away. I use Trifexis, a chewable tablet lasts for 30 days.

Read More Answers...

Save on window cleaners and paper towels. Mix Pinesol (or any nonabrasive cleaner) in a bucket of water and use a rag to wash your window and another rag to wipe it clean. Works great!

By Mikilittle from Anywhere, USA

Is it safe to boil Pine Sol? I will sometimes put a small amount in a big pot of water and boil to give the house a fresh clean smell, is that safe?

By Shortygal from MO

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I just heat cinnamon, cloves, allspice, spices like that, in a pot of water. I have a small pot that that is the only thing i use it for! It smells wonderful in the house. And you can buy those spices at the dollar store now, so it is very inexpensive.

Read More Answers...

When you mop the kitchen floor with Pine Sol and water, does it disinfect the floor of germs and bacteria?

By jazzy774 from Pasadena, CA

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

To my knowledge, Phenol is only used in Lysol, NOT Pinesol. When I called the company to try to find the original Lysol, which has been discontinued in favor of Les-toil, the company confirmed that the original Lysol had Phenol, the reason they discontinued it. Hospitals use some brand of Phenol, but it is not easily available to general public their staff says.

Best best is to use some chlorine, but with plenty of ventilation, with whatever else you use other than Ammonia that will explode when mixed with Chlorine. Good luck and God bless. : )

Read More Answers...

I have a Hoover Steamvac and would love to use my Pine-Sol cleaner solution in it. Would this damage the cleaner?

Thanks.

By Betsy S.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Just make sure you don't use Pine-Sol around cats; it's poisonous to them.

Read More Answers...

Will PineSol hurt my pet dog if sprayed on weeds?

By Lydia from Houston, TX

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I've never had any problem using Pine Sol around my pets as long as it was diluted well and the room was well ventilated. Never heard of spraying it on plants. Seems to me it would clog up the "pores" on them.

Read More Answers...

I sometimes pour a small amount of Pine Sol into my sink drains and toilets when I want the fresh smell of clean and don't actually need to clean or "feel like cleaning"! Anyone visiting will think you've been cleaning all day.

By Michelle from Lanett, AL

After cleaning your home, you want it to smell clean. If you don't have anything else, use scented Pinesol. In a small unused pot, dilute with water and simmer. It makes the whole house smell good and it's cheaper than expensive oils, etc. You can also use it in a warmer.

By Kimery from Hampton, GA

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
    Home and Garden Cleaning AdviceSeptember 10, 2013
    Pine needle bunches tied with fabric.
    Crafts Using Pine Needles
    Pine Cones
    Getting Seeds From Pine Cones
    A pile of shelled pine nuts
    Recipes Using Pine Nuts
    Removing Pine Tar from Baseball Pants. Baseball Player with Bat on White Background
    Removing Pine Tar from Baseball Pants
    © 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 18, 2016 at 3:54:33 PM on 10.0.1.172 in 882 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.