Browsing: Uses for Pine-Sol

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Uses for Pine-Sol

A strong smelling cleaning agent that has been manufactured since 1929. It is effective for a variety of jobs. This guide contains uses for Pine-Sol.

Pine-Sol
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

May 15, 2013 Flag

Keep a spray bottle of half Pinesol/half water under your sink spray outside garbage cans or anywhere you have a pest problem. Animals like rodents, opossums, raccoons, etc. don't like the smell.

January 12, 2005 Flag

I had a problem with our cats wetting in places other than their litter box. I found out if I wash the floor with PineSol they would stay away from that spot. They soon went back to the box where they were suppose to be using.

By Connie

July 4, 2007 Flag

I know I recently posted a request about my dogs fleas but now they are worse! She keeps scratching her neck and now she's bald there! Can I use pine-sol on her? I have heard many different responses to this! Please help, thanx!

Emily from TX

Editor's Note: Pinesol is toxic to pets, even using it on your floors is considered a hazard by some. Never use it on your dog.

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I have over 20 short legged rat terriers which I have been breeding for over 3 years now. I have always bathed them with blue dawn dishwashing liquid starting around 4 weeks of age. The fleas die on contact and I've yet to lose one puppy due to using dawn. I put a line on the back and sides of their neck then under warm water in the sink to keep the fleas from their bodies to crawl to their head. Then i rinse then towel dry them well afterwards.

I would like to hear from anyone who has had a pet die from pine sol. I would put it on myself if I had a head full of fleas. Certainly rinse well and wash with a good shampoo after but as far as real harm to your pet no way. It won't kill us and it won't kill your pet. What do you think the commercial vet stuff does to your pet? Makes them so toxic from the inside that a bug won't wanna eat them. Please prove me wrong someone.

A Quick and cheap solution to a a dog with flea infestation or the mange(a type of dog louse) Seargents Skip flea shampoo, its the green stuff. Bath with lots of lather repeat after a week, then use deterrent product to keep them away. I use Trifexis, a chewable tablet lasts for 30 days.

I used a little of pine Sol mixed water in a spray bottle on my cat cause he also was bald around his neck and you should see him now. Fat and not hairless anymore and still breathing. That was over a year ago. When you spray it use if as a mist or spray it on a brush and brush away.

Read More Answers...

July 21, 2010 Flag

Save on window cleaners and paper towels. Mix Pinesol (or any nonabrasive cleaner) in a bucket of water and use a rag to wash your window and another rag to wipe it clean. Works great!

By Mikilittle from Anywhere, USA

October 19, 2009 Flag

Is it safe to boil Pine Sol? I will sometimes put a small amount in a big pot of water and boil to give the house a fresh clean smell, is that safe?

By Shortygal from MO

No, It is NOT safe to boil Pine Sol! If you really like the smell, go into any Health Food Store & buy a tiny bottle of Pine Essential Oil. This will cost around $5. You can then add the Pure Pine essential oil to a pan of water & boil it, or put a drop on a light bulb for a scent that will last. (the curly florescent bulbs work best, but any bulb will work) The sell lamp rings.. These are either metal or a special fiber that holds the oil near the bulb while the bulb heats it. You can also add a drop to a candle that has melted wax in it & whenever you re-light the candle it will smell like pine.

PineSol gets it's scent from Pine Essential oil, so it will smell exactly the same, but with no danger to you or your family.

If you like Pine oil because it smells "clean", you may like Spruce oil. It smells like Christmas & it's one of my favorites! If you want to buy it online, just Google Essential Oil. It's much cheaper to buy it online & you can buy a large bottle for a very good price, thought many on-line supplies have a $50 minimum order. But, not to worry, a tiny bottle from the Health Food Store will last for MANY months, probably many years, just keep it away from the sunshine in a tightly close bottle.

A Tip: To get your home smelling wonderful in 2 seconds, simply sprinkle real cinnamon powder (without sugar) directly on to a warm burner on your stove, then turn it off. It will smell like you've been baking all day! It's super-yummy & very welcoming to guests!

Just mop the floor with it, or get a rag and go over the dirty spots on the floor, then you'll have to smell throughout the house!

Take it from a 55 year old who was emergency hospitalized this past April because couldn't breathe and diagnosed with Emphysema after life long use of man made chemicals that it's not worth the risk!

There are so many natural things you can use to make your home smell nice and vinegar is a great disinfectant and cleanser and baking soda is also a great cleanser!

Here's my list of Home Sweeteners:

Natural Home Sweeteners

Winter is coming and with that the windows and doors will be closed up tight and odors trapped inside. Here are some ideas to sweeten the smell of your home without harmful chemicals.

Place a small sprinkling of ground cinnamon or ground clove on an electric stove burner and turn on the heat to the very lowest setting possible.

Preheat oven to 350 F. degrees. Use a small piece of tinfoil, turn up the edges and pour a teaspoon of vanilla on top and place the foil in the oven. Turn off oven and prop the door open a bit.

Place 1 to 2 teaspoons vanilla or vanilla extract in small cups or bowls around the home. Mix small amounts of lemon juice or vinegar and baking soda together and place in small cups or bowls around the home.

To abolish cooking odors simmer 1 tablespoon vinegar with one cup of water in a small pan. Simmer your favorite spices, citrus rinds or fresh pine needles in a small pan of water on the stove. Experiment by mixing and matching. Also, instead of throwing out stale dated apple, cranberry or orange juice, just simmer in a small pan on the stove. Be sure to set a timer to remind you that it's time to add more water!

In a spray bottle, add several drops of your favorite essential oil to water. Shake to mix and mist the air.

Add a few drops of your favorite essential oil to a cotton ball and place around the home.

Place a couple of drops of your favorite essential oil on a light bulb. Be sure to only do this on a bulb that is turned of and is cool! Once you turn on the light on the heat from the bulb will slowly release the essential oil in the air.

Place a couple of drops of your favorite essential oil inside your cardboard toilet paper roll and the scent will be released every time someone removes toilet paper.

Place springs of fresh eucalyptus around your home. And don't forget fresh flowers ;-)

I just heat cinnamon, cloves, allspice, spices like that, in a pot of water. I have a small pot that that is the only thing i use it for! It smells wonderful in the house. And you can buy those spices at the dollar store now, so it is very inexpensive.

Read More Answers...

June 30, 2009 Flag

When you mop the kitchen floor with Pine Sol and water, does it disinfect the floor of germs and bacteria?

By jazzy774 from Pasadena, CA

It does kill germs, but also is dangerous if you have pets, especially cats. The Phenol in Pine Sol is harmful and even toxic if they walk across the wet floor, then clean their feet.

Wow. Thanks, COFlower. I've been adding a little chlorine bleach to my mop water with the Pine-Sol, just to be sure. Now I can save my bleach!

To my knowledge, Phenol is only used in Lysol, NOT Pinesol. When I called the company to try to find the original Lysol, which has been discontinued in favor of Les-toil, the company confirmed that the original Lysol had Phenol, the reason they discontinued it. Hospitals use some brand of Phenol, but it is not easily available to general public their staff says.

Best best is to use some chlorine, but with plenty of ventilation, with whatever else you use other than Ammonia that will explode when mixed with Chlorine. Good luck and God bless. : )

I did some research and based on what I've found the old original pine Sol was discontinued because of the lack of pine oil. That's why the ones made these days smell different.

Read More Answers...

September 19, 2011 Flag

I have a Hoover Steamvac and would love to use my Pine-Sol cleaner solution in it. Would this damage the cleaner?

Thanks.

By Betsy S.

I use the lemon pine sol mixed in with some of the cleaner and it gives the carpet a really good smell.

Just make sure you don't use Pine-Sol around cats; it's poisonous to them.

Load More
Home and Garden Cleaning AdviceSeptember 10, 2013
Pine needle bunches tied with fabric.
Crafts Using Pine Needles
Pine Cones
Getting Seeds From Pine Cones
A pile of shelled pine nuts
Recipes Using Pine Nuts
Removing Pine Tar from Baseball Pants. Baseball Player with Bat on White Background
Removing Pine Tar from Baseball Pants
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 21, 2016 at 4:35:59 PM on 10.0.0.66 in 5 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.