Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Uses for Pine-Sol

0 0EmailFollow
Pine-Sol

A strong smelling cleaning agent that has been manufactured since 1929. It is effective for a variety of jobs. This guide contains uses for Pine-Sol.

Solutions: Uses for Pine-Sol

Read and rate the best solutions below by giving them a "thumbs up".

Tip: Pinesol To Keep Pests Away

Keep a spray bottle of half Pinesol/half water under your sink spray outside garbage cans or anywhere you have a pest problem. Animals like rodents, opossums, raccoons, etc. don't like the smell.

By

Tip: Pinesol As A Cat Pee Deterrent

I had a problem with our cats wetting in places other than their litter box. I found out if I wash the floor with PineSol they would stay away from that spot. They soon went back to the box where they were suppose to be using.

By Connie

Tip: Homemade Cleaning Solution with Pinesol

I make my own cheap cleaning/disinfecting solution by filling an empty spray bottle 1/2 way water, 1/4 bleach, 1/4 Pinesol. It works awesome! I clean my kitchen counters, window sills, bathroom, etc. It's safe because Pinesol is not a chemical, so you can mix the bleach with it and my house always smells fresh and clean. Try it - cheap and works great!

By crees70 from Central Valley, CA

Tip: Clean Windows with Pinesol and Rags

Save on window cleaners and paper towels. Mix Pinesol (or any nonabrasive cleaner) in a bucket of water and use a rag to wash your window and another rag to wipe it clean. Works great!

By Mikilittle from Anywhere, USA

Tip: Pinesol Air Freshener

After cleaning your home, you want it to smell clean. If you don't have anything else, use scented Pinesol. In a small unused pot, dilute with water and simmer. It makes the whole house smell good and it's cheaper than expensive oils, etc. You can also use it in a warmer.

By Kimery from Hampton, GA

Give a "thumbs up" to the solution that worked the best! Do you have a better solution? Click here to share it!

Here are questions related to Uses for Pine-Sol.

Question: Using Pine-Sol in a Hoover Steamvac

I have a Hoover Steamvac and would love to use my Pine-Sol cleaner solution in it. Would this damage the cleaner?

Thanks.

By Betsy S.

Most Recent Answer

By Maryeileen [76]09/29/2011

Just make sure you don't use Pine-Sol around cats; it's poisonous to them.

Question: Is PineSol Safe Around Pets?

Will PineSol hurt my pet dog if sprayed on weeds?

By Lydia from Houston, TX

Most Recent Answer

By Cricket [201]09/17/2010

I've never had any problem using Pine Sol around my pets as long as it was diluted well and the room was well ventilated. Never heard of spraying it on plants. Seems to me it would clog up the "pores" on them.

Question: Boiling Pine Sol as Air Freshener

Is it safe to boil Pine Sol? I will sometimes put a small amount in a big pot of water and boil to give the house a fresh clean smell, is that safe?

By Shortygal from MO

Most Recent Answer

By Della10/22/2009

I just heat cinnamon, cloves, allspice, spices like that, in a pot of water. I have a small pot that that is the only thing i use it for! It smells wonderful in the house. And you can buy those spices at the dollar store now, so it is very inexpensive.

Question: Using Pine Sol as a Disinfectant

When you mop the kitchen floor with Pine Sol and water, does it disinfect the floor of germs and bacteria?

By jazzy774 from Pasadena, CA

Most Recent Answer

By lynda [12]07/08/2009

To my knowledge, Phenol is only used in Lysol, NOT Pinesol. When I called the company to try to find the original Lysol, which has been discontinued in favor of Les-toil, the company confirmed that the original Lysol had Phenol, the reason they discontinued it. Hospitals use some brand of Phenol, but it is not easily available to general public their staff says.

Best best is to use some chlorine, but with plenty of ventilation, with whatever else you use other than Ammonia that will explode when mixed with Chlorine. Good luck and God bless. : )

Question: DO NOT USE Pine Sol For Fleas

I know I recently posted a request about my dogs fleas but now they are worse! She keeps scratching her neck and now she's bald there! Can I use pine-sol on her? I have heard many different responses to this! Please help, thanx!

Emily from TX

Editor's Note: Pinesol is toxic to pets, even using it on your floors is considered a hazard by some. Never use it on your dog.

Most Recent Answer

By rpowers117508/30/2012

I would like to hear from anyone who has had a pet die from pine sol. I would put it on myself if I had a head full of fleas. Certainly rinse well and wash with a good shampoo after but as far as real harm to your pet no way. It won't kill us and it won't kill your pet. What do you think the commercial vet stuff does to your pet? Makes them so toxic from the inside that a bug won't wanna eat them. Please prove me wrong someone.