Browsing: Using Campho-Phenique

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Using Campho-Phenique

Campo-Phenique is a topical medication often used to help dry up and relieve the pain associated with cold sores. This is a guide about using Campho-Phenique.

Campho-Phenique
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

November 17, 2010 Flag

Is Campho-Phenique safe to use as a vaginal healing product for irritations and raw spots?

By madownie from Brunswick, GA

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Nice joke, got lot's of response, get a life!

The answers here do not match up with my research. Campho-phenique is pramoxine - it can be used to treat hemorrhoids, anal fissures, vaginal itching, etc. If you have a herpes sore on your vulva, it can provide some relief (yes burning, but if you have herpes you'll be used to that). I'm kind of annoyed by the responses that do not take this question seriously.

http://www.healthcentral.com/skin-c ... tions/campho-phenique-top-15907/uses

I've used it on a boil I had down there, it helped with the pain and healing. It did burn, I used a Q-Tip.

Do it help for the under arm boil it looks to be gettin bigger now.

Read More Answers...

February 7, 2007 Flag

Can anyone please tell me what Campho-Phenique does?

Daphne from Adelaide, Aus

I have had an itchy skin rash for maybe 6mos.I the doctor made a biopsy and pathology said it was probably an allergic reaction to some medication.I changed all those one by one and still have it to some extent.That's after applying Corticosteroids all this time.If I scratch to hard some of these places turn into sores with scabs .I've made a change lately. I have been using a bare minimum of cortico and have added Capho phenique liquid to my regimen.

Does anyone out there think this will help?

For dogs prone to tracheal stricture (sudden wheezing), put a finger wet with liquid campho-phenique on top of the nose (not on the end!) Wheezing ceases instantly! :-)

Campho-phenique is the best immediate treatment for burns. I keep a bottle in the kitchen cabinet next to the stove and use it whenever I burn myself while cooking. It stings a little at first but immediately thereafter, the pain of the burn goes away and there is no blistering or scarring afterward.

I wonder if anyone has ever used it to treat the skin side effects of radiation therapy.

Yes this is the best product ever for Fever blisters, I have suffered with fever blisters since childhood. The embarrasment of this just killed me emotionally. For years they have come and gone, I have used any and every product to cure them and nothing ever worked salt rubs, alcohol and peroxide all made them worse and made my lip swell up more than it already was. A few years ago while having another episode I came across campho phenic at CVS, this is a miracle product. Within a day or two my blister dried up and the pain and swelling gone. The trick is to use this product immediatly at the first sign you are getting a blister, itching and or a bump and continue to use it until it is gone. I love this product and also always carry it on hand and at home. Definetly better that Abreva.

Read More Answers...
Health & Beauty AdviceJuly 28, 2013
Bleach Bottle on White Background
Crafts Using Bleach Bottles
Pressure Cooker on White Background
Using A Pressure Cooker
PayPal logo
Using PayPal
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 21, 2016 at 5:07:50 PM on 10.0.1.53 in 4 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.