Using Campho-Phenique

Campo-Phenique is a topical medication often used to help dry up and relieve the pain associated with cold sores. This is a guide about using Campho-Phenique.

November 17, 2010 Flag

Is Campho-Phenique safe to use as a vaginal healing product for irritations and raw spots?

By madownie from Brunswick, GA

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Never!

In the first place you need to find out what the raw spots and irritations are. Then use what the doctor gives you. There are some things you can't treat yourself.

Oh No, Heck No! Campho-Phenique is for external use only! Talk to your pharmacist and/or doctor before possibly self treating your vaginal areas!

Absolutely not! Do not even think about putting that down there! Talk to your area pharmacist if you can not afford to go to the doctor. Please keep us all informed on what you do end up doing ok? Please be safe and not sorry. :(

My dear, you will be doing the hot pants dance. This will burn your sensitive area so bad you may end up in the ER. Try and explain that situation. Well, I was just wondering if it would work. Glad you stopped in with the question. No, no, no, no!

As others have said, no.

Now think it through, as this is a case of common sense and a lack of. Camphophenique is a clear gel that is applied directly to the sore and affected area. It contains a type of alcohol (Camphorated phenol (camphor 10.8% and Phenol 4.7%) To even wonder, if...

Seriously, I spit my drink out. I'm glad you asked before you did anything stupid.

It would add a whole new meaning to "Ring of Fire".

Nice joke, got lot's of response, get a life!

The answers here do not match up with my research. Campho-phenique is pramoxine - it can be used to treat hemorrhoids, anal fissures, vaginal itching, etc. If you have a herpes sore on your vulva, it can provide some relief (yes burning, but if you have herpes you'll be used to that). I'm kind of annoyed by the responses that do not take this question seriously.

http://www.heal  e-top-15907/uses

I've used it on a boil I had down there, it helped with the pain and healing. It did burn, I used a Q-Tip.

February 7, 2007 Flag

Can anyone please tell me what Campho-Phenique does?

Daphne from Adelaide, Aus

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

It's the absolute "best" to apply to cold sores/fever blisters on the lips! I tried everything in the stores and nothing seemed to really help. A cousin told me to rub in a bit at the first sign of itching, or appearance of a fever blister, and it works! It dries the blister up really fast, so at least it won't develope into a huge blister/sore. I carry one small tube in my purse, and have a tube for at home use. I won't ever be without it.

It's good for just about anything!!! Great for mosquitoe bites.My sister and I when we were kids,we'd use our hair brush...scratch the itch then apply Campho- Finaky.....our Dad called it this and it stopped the hurt & itch everytime.Good for mouth sores too!!

My father swore that campho worked better than anything-- for wounds, sores, fever blisters-- I keep it on hand because it is very useful.

Thankyou ALL

I do so love this Site

you are so helpful and nice

Anytime I start to get a little sore in my mouth, I dip a q-tip in the bottle and apply it -- works great.

Sometimes my gum gets sore, red, and swollen and I dab a little on it so I can brush my teeth without it killing me, and it gets well fast.

It was the remedy for athlete's foot and other similar types of fungi back in the days when there were no specialized products on the market. It is good for oral herpes outbreaks (cold sores), but do use the tube type for this. The kind in the bottle is stronger, and tends to sting a bit.

It and Mentholated Vasoline are in the exact same catagory, mildly soothing and simply protective because of the Petroleum in them both. I love the

camphor smell, but it really does little in the way of actual healing, rather just coating and allowing slight protection for the body to heal itself. God bless you.

: )

I have had an itchy skin rash for maybe 6mos.I the doctor made a biopsy and pathology said it was probably an allergic reaction to some medication.I changed all those one by one and still have it to some extent.That's after applying Corticosteroids all this time.If I scratch to hard some of these places turn into sores with scabs .I've made a change lately. I have been using a bare minimum of cortico and have added Capho phenique liquid to my regimen.

Does anyone out there think this will help?

For dogs prone to tracheal stricture (sudden wheezing), put a finger wet with liquid campho-phenique on top of the nose (not on the end!) Wheezing ceases instantly! :-)

Campho-phenique is the best immediate treatment for burns. I keep a bottle in the kitchen cabinet next to the stove and use it whenever I burn myself while cooking. It stings a little at first but immediately thereafter, the pain of the burn goes away and there is no blistering or scarring afterward.

I wonder if anyone has ever used it to treat the skin side effects of radiation therapy.

Health & Beauty AdviceJuly 28, 2013
Bleach Bottle on White Background
Crafts Using Bleach Bottles
Pressure Cooker on White Background
Using A Pressure Cooker
PayPal logo
Using PayPal
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 12:15:41 PM on 10.0.0.82 in 5 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.