Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Using Internet Search Engines

Which search engine you use and how you use it can help determine the outcome of your computer searches. This is a guide about using internet search engines.

February 4, 2011 Flag

It seems that many people do not know how to use Google effectively. So, if you're interested, here are some tips which I use with my students:

I hope this helps. I know a lot of us out there are internet whizzes but a lot of us aren't, and I know it's hard sometimes to get the info you need. Google is really easy, and is often the fastest way to go.

By vaylmer from MA

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Oh great! I'm glad it was helpful. :) Thanks, JustPlainJo - excellent advice, too! I haven't tried Dogpile yet, but I will now!

June 9, 2015 Flag

Ever hear of getting some moola effortlessly? Well you can, and I'm here to tell you how to do that. Bing rewards! Once you join, you automatically earn 1 point for every time you use your search engine. For example, say you get about 475 Bing rewards. You will get a 5 dollar gift card of your choice for free! So go on with your bad self, and light up that search engine.

Source: Self

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

This is really cool! I never in a million years knew you could do this, thanks for sharing.

February 4, 2010 Flag

Did you know that you can give money to your favorite charity just by performing a search on the Internet? Go to www.goodsearch.com and enter in your favorite charity in the "Who Do You GoodSearch For?" box, then use GoodSearch just like you would any other search engine.

Every time you execute a search, GoodSearch donates a penny to the charity that you designated. This is a great way to make a difference by doing something you do everyday, and a frugal way to support the causes you care about.

Source:

By Chris L. from Blacksburg, VA

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Great idea! Since we're on fixed incomes, I'm always looking for ways to "give without giving!" This might just replace dogpile.com as my favorite search engine.

February 5, 2012 Flag

Since Hubby retired, I have joined a website called www.MyPoints.com and downloaded their search engine. The more your search with it, the more points are earned. They email you bargains and surveys daily, as well.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

July 28, 2006 Flag

Have you ever gone to a website that didn't have a search function available? When this happens, be sure to try Google's handy site search feature.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

July 2, 2008 Flag

If you use quotation marks on either side of your request, you will get more specific answers. Instead of writing knit baby sweaters, you should write "knit baby sweaters" to narrow the hits returned to you.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Computers Internet Tips SearchingApril 24, 2013
cable modem
Having Internet Without a Computer
Swagbucks Reviews
Swagbucks Reviews
An upclose photo of a laptop keyboard.
Saving Money on Your Internet Bill
A grandma smiling while using her tablet computer.
Computer and Internet Training for Senior Citizens
👒
🐰
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on March 20, 2017 at 3:25:57 AM on 10.0.0.247 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.