Using Mayonnaise In Your Hair

This may seem like a stupid question, but in response to deep conditioning hair, I have read many times that you can use mayo for this. My question is this: do you put this on wet hair or dry hair? I really want to try this. Thank you in advance for any and all responses to this.

jmz2005 from Illinois

Answers:

Using Mayonnaise In Your Hair

I think if you put the mayonnaise on your hair when it is wet it will "goop" up on you (mixing the water from your hair with the oil from the mayo) and it will take forever to wash out. I use warm olive oil on my hair, slather it on when it is dry and let it soak in, then BEFORE I wet it I put the shampoo on and then rinse it out. It usually takes a few repeat shampoos to get all the olive oil out. I assume using mayo would work the same. By the way, I found out from experience not to wet my hair first when I had a bunch of olive oil in it! (06/02/2006)

By SkyeBlue

Using Mayonnaise In Your Hair

Put mayo on DRY hair-use lots. Cover with a plastic bag clipped with a clothespin or bobby pin (I never let my kids see me putting a plastic bag on my head). Wrap with a warm towel, right out of the dryer. Wonderful warm oil treatment. Another tip... apply shampoo to mayoed hair without water, rub (there won't be much lather) then rinse. Shampoo a second time to remove all traces of mayo. This saves on the amount of shampoo needed to clean mayo out of your hair. You can also whip egg yolks and oil to a mayo texture and use that. (06/02/2006)

By Vicka

Using Mayonnaise In Your Hair

I heard about this too... well I am not to sure if I just used too much or what, but it was crazy hard to get out of my hair. Then once I did it was REALLY oily. I mean ya, it helps dry hair, but it makes it oily. I don't know, it didn't work for me. (06/06/2006)

By Nicole

Using Mayonnaise In Your Hair

Don't do it. It made my hair dry and nasty. It literally felt like straw. Yuck! (08/23/2006)

By abby davis

Using Mayonnaise In Your Hair

Yeah I remember the mayo is so hard to shampoo out afterward that it doesn't really seem to work as a conditioner for me. I like to use either vegetable oil or olive oil with a plastic bag. First wash your hair and then ring it out so that it is still warm and damp and apply the oil and comb through, then wrap and leave it on for a half an hour and shampoo out with a conditioning shampoo and believe me your hair will feel very soft. I think there are other ways to use the mayo if you add things to it --- that I haven't tried. (11/26/2006)

By TrayJ24736

Using Mayonnaise In Your Hair

I used to do this and it worked okay for me, I just didn't put it near the roots, I put it on in the shower after I had shampooed my hair and then left it on for about 5 minutes then I rinsed it out & put some good smelling conditioner where it was at. But my hair is really long, so I just put it on the ends. I wouldn't recommend putting it on the roots, it's like a deep conditioner. (08/05/2007)

By Jessica

Using Mayonnaise In Your Hair

Someone told me that putting mayo with mashed avocado is the best deep conditioner. You have to put some hydrating conditioning on after the mayo because of the protein. (09/06/2007)

Using Mayonnaise In Your Hair

I did it and it works really good. After shampooing dry your hair to where its damp and put mayo on, leave for around 15 minutes, shampoo it off and put on conditioner. (07/11/2008)

By lala

Using Mayonnaise In Your Hair

My hair is amazingly soft and hydrated. I love it. I sectioned off my hair and then applied the mayonnaise to my dry hair from roots to ends. Then I put a thin head cap on and put a hot towel over it and let it sit for 20 minutes. I washed it out with pantene shampoo and conditioner and my hair came out silky and smooth. (08/04/2008)

By breanna

Using Mayonnaise In Your Hair

I 'll try. (08/11/2008)

By ruby

IT WORKS

I used it. I mixed up olive oil with 4 mayonnaise spoons slept with it and washed it the next day and my hair is so nice now. I think I'm doing it today, too. (08/28/2008)

By PRINCESSZELDA

Using Mayonnaise In Your Hair

It makes it oily if you just don't wash correctly while "shampooing" it. (08/28/2008)

By PRINCESSZELDA

Using Mayonnaise In Your Hair

Hey I've been using mayonnaise for over a year now, it's all that has ever really worked for me. I'll wash my hair, leave lots of conditioner in, rinse it out then towel dry it the best I can, then I put a very small amount in my hair and it turns amazing. (09/03/2008)

By Sean

Using Mayonnaise In Your Hair

It's easiest on damp hair and you leave it on for one hour and only do it once a month. Another thing you can do to go along with this is to only shampoo your hair at the roots. Combined, it really does amazing things for your hair. (10/25/2008)

By Cassandra

Using Mayonnaise In Your Hair

Believe it or not, this really, really does work, but I recommend doing this if you have SEVERELY DAMAGED HAIR. I think it would leave your hair super oily, but then again, yes, it does kind of make your hair oily but it's better than super dry, straw-like hair right? I recommend not doing it too much though because I'm pretty sure it will dry out your hair. But this treatment is the only treatment that has worked for my straw-like severely damaged hair. It's a miracle worker :D (11/17/2008)

By stephanie

Sandwich with mayonnaise alternative.
Alternatives to Mayonnaise
Mayonnaise in dish with fresh basil leaves.
Fat Free Mayonnaise Recipes
Up close photo of red, wavy hair.
Homemade Hair Dye Recipes
Sink with hair dye stains
Removing Hair Dye from a Bathroom Sink
🎄
🍂
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on November 22, 2016 at 7:06:06 AM on 10.0.0.121 in 976 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.