Using Recipe Cards

Category Kitchen
Recipe Cards
Many cooks still use recipe cards when preparing their favorite meals. This is a guide about using recipe cards.

Since my hair is now short and likely to stay that way, I find uses for these wonderful clips all over the place. This one is for recipe cards. You can sit in on a shelf or microwave for "eye level" sight and cook away!

I have used them for receipts on the desk, place cards at a party (the ones with the flatter "bottom" work best for that), and for displaying photos at reunions. They are cheap to get to if you just don't have any around to use, at the Dollar Tree and thrift stores.

N-JOY!

Source: Always trying to repurpose.

By Sandi from Salem, OR

To keep a recipe book or card clean while you're cooking, place it under an upside-down pie plate. The curved bottom also magnifies the print.

By JodiT from Aurora, CO

To keep your recipe handy while cooking, put a fork, handle-side down, into a water glass. Then prop the recipe card in the tines of the fork. It will be held safe and sound, and easy to see!

By Becki in IN

You can use a CD case as a recipe holder. To display a recipe during a meal prep open the CD case and bend it back. Then place a recipe card (after cutting the card to fit, if necessary) in the opening.

By Janette from Parkersburg, WV

For an easy recipe card holder. I took a spring clothes pin apart, nailed one side to my kitchen cabinet at eye level, then put it back together. This is real handy for any recipe that I am using

By Nightsong from Yates Center, Kansas

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photos. Click at right to share your own photo in this guide.

I found this pizza slice shaped rock in the backyard and of course I couldn't resist. I brought it in, I cleaned it, and wrote a pizza crust recipe on it. I put clear tape over the top and now I have a recipe that won't blow away. It will be cute to put in a little basket with some more recipes as soon as I find more unusual rocks, such as a perfectly round one for pancakes. I didn't spray clear coat on there because it smears the Sharpie pen.

I love being creative. This is an early Christmas present for me. I will get a small basket at the dollar store and waterproof the bottom for the kitchen somehow, then keep them there.

By Robyn Fed from Hampton, TN

A rock painted with a recipe.

Comment Like this photo? 7