Using a Handy Stitch Sewing Machine

Category Sewing
Handy Stitch Sewing Machine
The Singer Handy Stitch sewing machine is a small, battery operated handheld sewing machine. This is a guide about using a Handy Stitch sewing machine.

This little handheld sewing machine, made by Singer, is often purchased by people who want to do a bit of mending. Getting it threaded correctly is the most important step. This is a guide about threading a Handy Stitch machine.

Handy Stitch Machine

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

I have a handheld sewing machine. The first time I used it, it worked perfectly. Then I used it on a cotton material, at first, it was skipping (jumping stitches) then it stopped stitching. Now the machine is working as if there is no thread in it when sewing. The sound is still the same when sewing, only it is not stitching.
Please I need someone to help me out. Thanks.

Answer Was this helpful? 3

I am having a similar challenge with my handheld machine. It worked at first but afterwards it stopped sewing.

Has anyone purchased a Handy Stitch Sewing Machine and had good results? I only do a little mending and I didn't want to spend the money on a regular sewing machine. I also don't have the space so I thought the handheld one would be better.

Caramel1 from NJ

The instructions say to push the thingy in the same oblong shaoe the on button is in, to the on button to lock kike an of on switch tyoe thing. Locking it the keast of my problems threading and trying to us it them some how it not only comes out of the eye or thread breaks, not sure, but it doesnt sew anything either but have read there is and inder stick supposed to be there but I got mine used on eBay and didn't apparently come with any and havent been abke to find how to replace it but im sorry about the in depth detaiks of mt reoky I was just wanting to say the slixe the thing near the oon button to the button to lock but I have a traumatic brain injury that doesnt allow me to stop when I want

Anyone have the owner's manual for a Handy Stitch handheld sewing machine? Or know where to find one?

By Vonna B

Many manuals are available for printing online. Those that can't be printed will allow you to save or email a pdf to yourself.

How do I lock a stitch on the Handy Stitch? I'm a dad trying to teach my daughter how to use this frustrating thing. Thanks.

By Big Dummy

Great idea Frugalsunnie! Great for kids going to college or back to college. : )

I bought a Handy Stitch at a yard sale and need an owners instruction manual. I am also looking for a place to buy accessories for it.

By Darla

Visit www.sewusa.com. They have helpful information, manuals and parts. I hope this helps.

How do you secure a stitch at the beginning and at the end with a Handy sewing machine?

By Nithya T.

With one of these machines the best and simplest way to secure beginning and ending stitches is to knot.

First, run a few beginning stitches then reach behind the needle, take the bobbin and upper thread tails hanging from the beginning and tie two overhand knots.

When finished stitching, do the same thing at the end - simply tie two overhand knots.

Be sure not to pull the knots so tightly the fabric develops a pucker (will look like the beginning of a gather). You want to pull the knots tight enough that the knots rest right at the edge of the fabric, only.

I do not have a manual for my Handy Stitch machine. I have put new batteries in and cannot get the machine started. Also was I supposed to get parts for machine, like thread and bobbin? I don't think I can use the same size as regular sewing machines.

Please help. Or should I take someone's advice on it and just throw it away? I really don't want to do this as I think this would be great for small projects.
Thank you Mrs. P

By wcp from Margate, FL

Take it back. I never could get the 1 I had to work, good luck.

Where do the batteries go in the Singer Handy Stitch 300K?

By Krystle from Reno, NV

Contact - 1-800-4-SINGER

Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. C.T.

Singer Sewing Company

1224 Heil Quaker Blvd.

P.O. Box 7017

LaVergne, TN 37086

Customer Service: 1-800-4-SINGER Customer Service Fax: (615) 213-0994

How do I thread and use a Handy Stitch?

By Debra E.

I have had my Handy Stitch for at least 10 years. Over the years of moving and cleaning I have managed to misplace the bobbin pin. I need to know how I can get a replacement bobbin pin for my Handy Stitch.

By Rhiannon M.