Handheld Sewing Machine Not Stitching

I have a handheld sewing machine. The first time I used it, it worked perfectly. Then I used it on a cotton material, at first, it was skipping (jumping stitches) then it stopped stitching. Now the machine is working as if there is no thread in it when sewing. The sound is still the same when sewing, only it is not stitching.

Please I need someone to help me out. Thanks.

I am facing the same problem. Please who has a solution to this.

Pls, I'm.facing this problem
Any solution yet?

Handy sweing maching is not working. When use it thread comes out of needle.

When I got mine it wouldn't sew either. The needle was threaded and it went up and down but it wouldn't make a stitch, just empty holes.
SOLUTION: loosen the screw that is holding the needle in place and pull the needle down a bit, making it longer and also make sure it is facing frontwards. Tighten the screw and try. If it still doesn't work do the steps again until it stitches. If the needle is not long enough and going deep enough into the hole, the strike plate in the bottom (inside. You can't see the strikeplate) is not getting triggered by the needle, completing a stitch.

Anonymous

I try to fix the needle but the needle still loose...i dont know why..i cant tight it up...when i check the screw, its function well but when i put the needle, cant tight the needle..why?

Anonymous

This did not solve the issue, as I knew it wouldn't because it was sewing the piece of fabric it came with perfectly fine. It only acted up once I changed to my own fabric.

I had the same problems, but when i followed the order on the picture above(in internet) about the thread how it starts from the coil till the end of the needle hole to put the line then it started working -stitching normaly as before.

Anonymous

Iam also facing the same problem.Any solution for it.Otherwise it's really waste and the seller is a cheater

I have the handy stitch as seen on TV I cannot get it to stitch, Ive had five different people look at it and it still will not stitch there does not seem to be a phone number for a helpline, please please can you help me my email address is Carole1jones@btinternet.com

Anonymous

I'm having the same problem anyone know why???

I am facing the same problem

Me too!

Anonymous

I think we have all been dooped because I too am facing this issue. I literally just pulled mine out the box

I don't know how to use it...... its not stitching. ....even I have done all the processes that is needed. ....

I am having a similar challenge with my handheld machine. It worked at first but afterwards it stopped sewing.

I am having the same problem. I set everything fine but still it is not stitching.

handy stitch is not stitching

am also having same problem have tried setting it in different dimensions am even forced to loosen it still the same

I face the same problem then i tight the nut and needle of my handy sewing machine then it start stitching again :))

I face the same problem. No stitching. Money has waste.

Anonymous

My handheld sewing machine the thread is not staying in the material(nothing)

bukky638
I have a handheld sewing machine. The first time I used it, it worked perfectly.

Then I used it on a cotton material, at first, it was skipping (jumping stitches) then it stopped stitching. Now the machine is working as if there is no thread in it when sewing.

Anonymous

I had the same problem but was able to fix it!

Loosened the screw that holds the needle and pulled the needle a bit lower. And fastened the needle again. Works perfectly now

If it is acting like that that means there is a malfunction and you should probably exchange it. Same thing happened to me so I exchanged it and it worked perfectly fine. The problem is that this is not made that long ago so they're still working on changes and other handheld sewing machines might have a slight change by how they're made. Just think about it, the slightest change can make a big difference. Also think about the materials used.

Anonymous

Not getting stitches

Anonymous

I had the same problem i following the instructions above bt now its working fine again. Just pulled the needle down abit.

Anonymous

I have a hand held sewing machine which I saw on Facebook and ordered. There it seemed so simple. Mine is just not working. Its making noise but really not stitching. Pl help

Im having a similar problem but mt machine just makes a loud screaming sound and gets stuck. Does anyone know what that is?