Using a Kerosene Heater

It's important to know a few things about operating this kind of heater. This guide is about using a kerosene heater.

Kerosene Heater
Filter Sort

Tip: Kerosene Heater For Power Outages

By tricia minter 24 47

We have been experiencing a lot of power loss lately. When this happens, I heat with a kerosene heater. Not only does it keep me warm, but it's my cooking source as well. You can't cook everything this way, but you can make do with many foods.

This past weekend, I didn't have power so I used the heater to heat up canned foods. I also made grilled cheese, macaroni and cheese, cooked eggs, and even made coffee. I place my coffee grounds in a filter and twisted it up with a tie twist. Placed this in the coffee container, added the water, and left it to "perc". After a bit, I had delicious coffee as usual. You can prepare so many foods if you just think about it.

The top of the heater gets quite hot, so it doesn't take long. Just make sure the containers you use will be safe for this method

By triciaminter from Ridgeway, VA

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Changing a Kerosene Heater Wick

By Joyce Horner 6 16

Does anyone have a manual for the kerosene heater RMC 95-C6 or instructions on changing the wick? Mine will light but goes out after a couple of minutes. It was fine until I added kerosene and then this started. The kerosene is OK. I put some from the same can in my other one. Anyone have any suggestions?

Jehorn from MI

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By elva 1 79 Flag

Wick Replacement for Kerosene Heater, Model# RMC-95-C6

The wick in your heaters needs replacing if, after repeated cleanings, any of the following conditions still exist: slow to light, hard movement of the wick adjuster knob, kerosene odor while burning, low heat output, slow warm up, damaged wick.

Use only a genuine replacement wick.

REPLACEMENT WICK NUMBER: Kero-World 32225, Dura Heat DH-145, Glowick 30856

If cleaning the Wick does not improve performance, you will need to replace the wick.

Call customer service at 1-800-668-5323, to order wick. Factory authorized wicks and parts may be ordered from:

GHP GROUP INC.

7500 St Louis Avenue

Skokie, IL 60076-4034 USA

Telephone: 1-877-447-4768

Be sure to tell them to send a copy of how to change the wick! If you have any trouble, just e-mail me and I will mail you a copy of my manual

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Removing Kerosene Odor from Heater Base

By Noema 1

We removed a kerosene heater from our home and there is a stone or concrete slab which has absorbed the kerosene. Now the house smells of kerosene all the time, how do we remove this smell? What products do we use?

By Noema from Sydney, Australia

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Jess 2 Flag

I would suggest solumel from melalueca all of their products are eco friendly google the wellness company. They will deliver right to your door. I have used there stuff for years, solumel is a natural deodorizer and very effective cleaner. Good luck

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Tip: Toning Down the Kerosene Smell From a Heater

I know it might be a little late in the season for this, but my sister taught me a little trick. If you use a kerosene heater to cut down on heating bills, like we do, and you can't stand the kerosene smell, put a pan of water on top of heater, and the smell will be gone! Sometimes I put in a couple drops of essential oil, and the smell travels through the house, making it smell great!

By Tammy Marie

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Home and Garden Home Improvement HeatingMarch 12, 2013
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
Blue Kerosene Bottle
Cleaning Kerosene Spilled in a Car
Kerosene
Using Kerosene for Stains
Using a Water Heater Timer
Using a Water Heater Timer
Maintaining Your Water Heater
Maintaining Your Water Heater
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 8, 2016 at 11:02:38 AM on 10.0.1.78 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

All ArticlesSolutionsQuestions
NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulMost AnswersFewest AnswersBest AnswersRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings