Browsing: Using a Kerosene Heater

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Using a Kerosene Heater

It's important to know a few things about operating this kind of heater. This guide is about using a kerosene heater.

Kerosene Heater
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

March 4, 2010 Flag

We have been experiencing a lot of power loss lately. When this happens, I heat with a kerosene heater. Not only does it keep me warm, but it's my cooking source as well. You can't cook everything this way, but you can make do with many foods.

This past weekend, I didn't have power so I used the heater to heat up canned foods. I also made grilled cheese, macaroni and cheese, cooked eggs, and even made coffee. I place my coffee grounds in a filter and twisted it up with a tie twist. Placed this in the coffee container, added the water, and left it to "perc". After a bit, I had delicious coffee as usual. You can prepare so many foods if you just think about it.

The top of the heater gets quite hot, so it doesn't take long. Just make sure the containers you use will be safe for this method

By triciaminter from Ridgeway, VA

Comment On This PostMoreRead More...Was this helpful?Helpful? Yes

January 29, 2009 Flag

Does anyone have a manual for the kerosene heater RMC 95-C6 or instructions on changing the wick? Mine will light but goes out after a couple of minutes. It was fine until I added kerosene and then this started. The kerosene is OK. I put some from the same can in my other one. Anyone have any suggestions?

Jehorn from MI

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Talk to the seller, but I'm 99.9% positive that the instructions are included with the wick (mine were for the Toyota model)...

http://www.fixya.com/support/t400304-dyna_glo_rmc95c6_kerosene_heater

We take ours to local hardware store they replace the wick and adjust for $15.00 we only have to take every two years call around your area and ask usually a Mom n Pop store around will provide the service. All we had to do was take our heater in and they called for pickup when it was ready. Works great. Hope this helps.

I have the same kind of heater, I have not had to change it yet. I have had minds for 3 months now. I olny use it when the temaperture drops in the 30f. But Home Depot sell them, that is where I brought my heater from. Also you might try Academy, they sell camping equipment. I will have to look for my manual, and maybe I can post it on the site when I find it.

Wick Replacement for Kerosene Heater, Model# RMC-95-C6

The wick in your heaters needs replacing if, after repeated cleanings, any of the following conditions still exist: slow to light, hard movement of the wick adjuster knob, kerosene odor while burning, low heat output, slow warm up, damaged wick.

Use only a genuine replacement wick.

REPLACEMENT WICK NUMBER: Kero-World 32225, Dura Heat DH-145, Glowick 30856

If cleaning the Wick does not improve performance, you will need to replace the wick.

Call customer service at 1-800-668-5323, to order wick. Factory authorized wicks and parts may be ordered from:

GHP GROUP INC.

7500 St Louis Avenue

Skokie, IL 60076-4034 USA

Telephone: 1-877-447-4768

Be sure to tell them to send a copy of how to change the wick! If you have any trouble, just e-mail me and I will mail you a copy of my manual

April 14, 2005 Flag

I know it might be a little late in the season for this, but my sister taught me a little trick. If you use a kerosene heater to cut down on heating bills, like we do, and you can't stand the kerosene smell, put a pan of water on top of heater, and the smell will be gone! Sometimes I put in a couple drops of essential oil, and the smell travels through the house, making it smell great!

By Tammy Marie

October 18, 2009 Flag

We removed a kerosene heater from our home and there is a stone or concrete slab which has absorbed the kerosene. Now the house smells of kerosene all the time, how do we remove this smell? What products do we use?

By Noema from Sydney, Australia

I would suggest solumel from melalueca all of their products are eco friendly google the wellness company. They will deliver right to your door. I have used there stuff for years, solumel is a natural deodorizer and very effective cleaner. Good luck

Home and Garden Home Improvement HeatingMarch 12, 2013
Blue Kerosene Bottle
Cleaning Kerosene Spilled in a Car
Kerosene
Using Kerosene for Stains
Using a Water Heater Timer
Using a Water Heater Timer
Maintaining Your Water Heater
Maintaining Your Water Heater
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on July 21, 2016 at 12:17:53 AM on 10.0.2.169 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.