Valentine Pudding Treat

Sweets for my sweet, sugar for my honey... If the amount of sugar is used to measure your love, then this sweet treat will send oodles and oodles of love. This is a kid-friendly craft ~ your kids can make these to show their love for their best friends. It is also a fun craft that can easily be made for a craft fair for Valentine's Day.

Total Time: 10 minutes

Yield: one treat jar

1. Add the Oreo cookies to one of the bowls and crush the cookies. Spoon the crushed cookies into the jar.
  2. Fill the jar two thirds of the way up with the prepared instant pudding.
  3. Add the vanilla custard cookies to the second bowl and crush them. Fill the rest of the jar with the crushed vanilla cookies. Sprinkle the grated chocolate on top before tightly screwing on the jar's lid.
  4. Ad
  5. Use the plastic lid to trace a circle onto the white cardstock. Cut out the circle and glue it to the top of the jar's lid.
  6. Use the cookie cutter to trace a heart onto the red felt and cut it out. Glue it onto the jar's lid.
  7. Wrap the ribbon around the jar's neck and make a neat bow to finish it off.

Top Comment

Hi Lifekinds!

I wouldn't worry about what kind of cookies they are; they're probably similar to vanilla wafers (like 'Nilla wafers - not the kind of wafer cookies with the cream filling). I was thinking of using shortbread cookies, myself. You can change this idea up and use different combinations of cookies and puddings.

You could use the same bowl for crushing both types of cookies; just wipe out any crumbs or residue from the first batch with a paper towel.

As for the grated chocolate, one usually uses dark chocolate, like semi-sweet chocolate that comes in bars for cooking (found in the baking aisle at the supermarket). You could also use a Hershey's Special Dark bar, or really any chocolate bar that you like. A recipe like this can be used as a jumping off point for endless variations. Don't be afraid to experiment! Have fun!

Thanks Pixiedust7 for answering Lifekinds in such a great way! I couldn't have done it better! I didn't visit the site for a few days, so I missed his questions. You are a *!

Hi Benetta,

Thanks for your kind words!

I must apologize to Likekinds - I mis-typed his name as Lifekinds and you, Benetta, picked up my mistake. That's what I get for staying up too late - I misread things or make typos! ;)

Just for you... :-)

Super sweet! Going to make these :)

Thanks attosa!

I'm going to try this for a friend whose a bit under the weather. She should love it. Questions, please.

1. Are the 'vanilla custard cookies' what I know as vanilla wafers?

2. What kind of chocolate did you grate for the topping?

3. Since I will be emptying the first bowl of Oreos, couldn't I use the same for crushing the cookies/ wafers?

Crush cookies BEFORE putting into jar.

So delicious looking!

Valentine Pudding Treat - jar with cookie and pudding treat inside
Making a Valentine Pudding Treat
Crafts Valentine's DayFebruary 1, 2016
Colorful Valentine' Day cookies.
Gluten-Free Valentine's Desserts
Valentine's Cake Pops, A row of cake pops with Red Velvet centers.
Valentine's Cake Pops
Valentine's Day Tips for Men, Man giving a heart shaped chocolate box and roses.
Valentine's Day Tips for Men
Chocolate pudding in a bowl with a spoon.
Saving Money on Pudding
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on March 15, 2017 at 12:36:06 AM on 10.0.0.192 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.