Value of Antique Craftsman Reel Mowers

Category Miscellaneous
Craftsman reel mower
Older reel mowers may have some antique value for a collector or for someone who likes to use antique equipment. This is a guide about the value of antique Craftsman reel mowers.

I have a Sear's Craftsman 18 inch reel self propelled mower in really good shape. It has a 3 hp cast iron motor, model 536816900. How can I find the age and value of this mower?

By Keith

Answer Was this helpful? 3

Answers

This mower, going by the model number on the frame, was sold at Sears stores from the summer of 1976 through the fall of 1977.

The model and serial number on the engine can be found on the shroud near the cylinder head. I know off the top of my head the model for the engine is 143.661062 (Tecumseh: H30-35312M).

Example of numbers to find on the engine shroud: 143.661062 SER 6087B.

Thank you,

Benjamin "Ben" Edge

Keith, I wanted to remind you that your machine was made as early as January 1976, and that the first retail sales would have occurred around that July. However, this machine would've been sold no later than 1978 (it was on clearance sale in 1979, when it was replaced by a revised model 536.816901 and then 536.816902).

Possible sales years: 1976, 1977 or 1978

Engine model no.: 143.661062 (Tecumseh H30-35312M)

What would the date code be on the unit frame, where the model number is also? Example: 6255 (9/11/1976)

As to the engine's date code, it would look like this (it's stamped on the shroud, after the model number): 6234B (8/21/1976).

Thank you, Benjamin "Ben" Edge

Any idea what this is picture. We have this and the blades are different than any other I've seen.

I wonder if it is a de-thatcher?

I have a Craftsman reel mower with a 4 cycle engine, catch bag, and Blitz Fog Pest Control fogger. It is not currently running. Can anyone give me idea of value?

Answer Was this helpful? 1

Answers

Anonymous

Look at the type number on the engine plate and the 2'nd 2 digits will give you the year of MFG on the engine. Clean and everything working perfectly $300-$400

Anonymous

i have one like yours, but restored and running, i value it at $150.00

Anonymous

$20-80 non working, but up to $300 if you get it working

Engine plate? Would that be the Serial Number on the plate? That number on my Jacobsen's mower is 66D21 28712

Photo of Jacobsen mower

I have a Craftsman reel push mower would like to know how old it is. I'm sure it's not that old, but I really just thought it was neat with the different kind of wood handle.

Answers

www.oldlawnmowerclub.co is a British website that may be able to help you.

These are popular items but sometimes difficult to find information on different models.

I was told how to find the date design was made: You may be able to verify if this correct by calling your local Sears Service Center (google Sears service center or parts and your zip code);

Look at the type number on the engine plate and the 2'nd 2 digits will give you the year of MFG on the engine.

if this is correct information then your mower would have been made in 1981.

You can always ask questions about reel mowers at;

http://www.oldl … ut/faqs/faq-list

I recently acquired a Craftsman reel type mower, model No. 123.81. It is in decent condition and operable. I am trying to find the value in order to sell it to a reputable buyer.

Answers

I believe it is only worth what another person is willing to pay for it.

As a rare collector's item it is worthless.

It is a great design that goes back to 1949 and a company called Mascot has the license (they bought from Agri-Fab who bought the design from Scotts who bought from Yard Man). I have two of them.

Clean it up, sharpen the blade and use it. It is a great mower if you have it sharpened and adjusted right.

I have several old reel type mowers and 2 wheel tractors. The mowers are Monarch model 518, Parkhound, Craftsman, and 2 with no name. The two wheel tractors are a David Bradley and a Planet Jr. I would like to know the value of these pieces.

By Dave F

Answers

An online search will bring much information about older reel mowers and your specific mowers.

How do you determine the year of an old Craftsman reel push mower? Where is the year info located on these mowers?

By D.Barnes

Answers

Most lawn mowers (and many other home tools and appliances) have the manufacture date embedded in the serial number. Not sure where that is on a Craftsman mower but on other makes it's either on the motor or the housing-look for a tin plate bolted on.

Copy down the number exactly as it is on the mower then go to the Craftsman pages on Sears.com and follow the navigation links to info pages for your model and serial number.

I have a Sears reel mower. The only # I see is S02. It looks to be a very heavy duty well made mower. I would like to see if there is any value before I get rid of it.

How or where can I find the value of a 1953 craftsman reel mower?

By Morris