Value of Caldwell Cub Mower

I was trying to get some kind of idea on the value of my Caldwell Cub. What I have found out is that it is a not too common; it is a very early Coldwell Cub.

The earliest models did not have a throttle lever. The other obvious early feature is the side plate of the cutting unit and how it attaches to the chassis. The engine was made by Coldwell. The unit has compression and everything moves freely. It still has the Brass Bear Cub and original cork stopper for the radiator.

The only things missing are the fan belt and it needs a new muffler. It has been in the family forever, but I have not had it running for many years. Any info or value on it would be deeply appreciated.

It appears that your mower is a Coldwell Cub made by Caldwell. It is a late 1920's to early 1930's vintage. Here is a link I found showing the mower running.

https://www.you … ch?v=mq2qooiZC64

It doesn't appear that anyone is selling such a unit. So unfortunately, I can't find a price. There isn't much information about this mower. I would suggest that you contact an antique mower dealer in your area. I am sure they have more information on this mower for you.