Vietnamese Caramelized Salty Pork
This a well known dish in Vietnamese culture. It is fantastic with rice!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Yield: 4 people
- 2 lb pork shoulder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 1 cup water
- 3 tsp vegetable oil
- Clean pork shoulder well and cut one inch pieces.
- Put a pan on low heat. Add sugar until melted. Add about 4 tablespoons of water and mix. It will be the caramelized sauce for the meat. Set aside.
- Put another pan on medium heat. Add garlic and pork pieces. Stir fry for 10 minutes.
- Put the meat into a pot and add the caramelized sauce. Add black pepper, salt, fish sauce, and 1 cup of water. Bring to a boil. Cook for about 20 minutes or until water has evaporated.
- Ready to plate. Add a dash of pepper on top if you would like. Perfect to serve with rice!
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Guide