Browsing: Waxing Your Eyebrows

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Waxing Your Eyebrows

Having your eyebrows waxed at a salon can be outside of your budget. You can save money by doing it yourself. This is a guide about waxing your own eyebrows.

Beautiful Eyebrows
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

April 19, 2006 Flag

I don't know if there is such a thing, but I was wondering if anyone has a recipe and/or tip for waxing eyebrows. I had mine done at a salon for my wedding last year and cannot afford to keep paying for this. Is there a recipe for making your own eyebrow wax? and does anyone have tips for waxing so I don't look "scary" after doing this? Thank you in advance for any advice on this!

jmz2005 from illinois

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I used to get mine done too, but now I do mine at home too. I use the baby powder trick as well. And apply the pressure ... it works too. I used to buy the wax kits, but I recently tried to gel kind and LOVE it!!! I don't have to worry about heating it, and if I make a mistake applying it, it rinses right off!! The kit I bought was pretty cheap and can do any part of the body! I didn't think the gel kind would work until I bought it!! I also pluck in between waxing...that helps a lot!!

I plucked my eyebrows for the longes time, but I just figured this out and I love the results: I get those sticky strips (the kind where there's wax in the middle of plastic and you rub it in your hands to warm it up). I hold the plastic up to my eyebrow (whichever one I like more) and color it with a sharpie. Then, cut just under the sharpie line. Warm up the strip, pull them apart and wax underneath both your brows. Your eyebrows will be the same shape, and you don't wax off any hair you don't want to lose.

Step1 Combine honey and sugar and mix well.

Step2 Cut the lemon in half and squeeze as much juice as possible out of one side into your mixture.

Step3 Mix again.

Step4 Microwave on High for 2-5 minutes.

I get my eybrows and chin waxed at one or the other of the two beauty schools in my town. I do this on a monthly basis. Because of bad shoulders, if I notice a few stray hairs in between, I pluck the ones that I can, then use a small scissor and cut the others really close. A short hair here and there isn't as noticable as they are if they get long.

Read More Answers...

May 17, 2007 Flag

How do I remove eyebrow wax from the inside of my microwave oven?

Maria from Florida

to remove wax from the microwave - saturate the wax with WD40; let sit a few minutes and wipe away.

Any oil will work to remove wax but WD40 seems is quickest.

There has to be a good story in there somewhere.

Use Baby oil. Let it saturate for a while and you'll see the wax melting off. Works excellent.

April 15, 2009 Flag

About a month ago I stopped taking a mild antibiotic for acne. I was on it for 4 years. I also stopped using my ProActive and went back to Cetaphil. I had my eyebrows waxed while on the medication and Proactive and it waxed my skin off and scarred. Now that I'm only using Cetaphil for face wash, can I get my eyebrows waxed?

By Crista1414

You can contact the makers of Cetaphil and ask them your question. Here is a link to their website that tells you how to contact them, or you can type in your question there online and they will email you the answer to your question.

http://www.galdermausa.com/ContactUs/ContactUs.aspx

It depends on which medication you were taking for acne. It may take a long time to get out of your system, and even longer for that to lose effect on your skin. I do know that Accutane and some other acne treatments can cause problems like this, with greater chances of skin peeling. You may have to stick with plain tweezing for a while.

Health & Beauty Beauty AdviceMarch 19, 2013
Dark Eyebrows
How to Lighten Dark Eyebrows
Shaping Eyebrows
Shaping Eyebrows
Photo of a white fiberglass boat.
Removing Wax From a Boat
Shining Laminate Floor
Making Laminate Floors Shine
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 21, 2016 at 7:11:02 PM on 10.0.1.53 in 4 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.