What Breed is My Dog?

This dog was a stray. We are taking care of her. Is she a black German Shepherd?

By Jessica from Porterville, CA

How long have you had her? Did you post signs with her picture around your neighborhood? Or placing a "found" ad in the local paper? If it was around New Year's Eve, she might have been freaked out by the fireworks or gun shots and got out of her backyard. She does look like a black German Shepherd. She also looks well taken care of and healthy (like she belongs to someone), so I'm doubting she is a stray. I would be heartbroken if I lost her and had no way of knowing who had her. =(

Have you taken her to a Vet to see if she's micro-chipped? She definitely has some German Shepherd and I'm guessing some Labrador too.

Go to petfinder.com and put in German Shepherd and you'll be able to view pages upon pages of German Shepherds and German Shepherd mixes. Actually being able to view other German Shepherd / Lab mixes might answer your question.

At first I thought part collie but the fur would be a lot longer and the muzzle more narrow. She's got the Shepherd ears no doubt but also the thickness of a Labrador Retriever.

mixed breed dog
What Breed is My Dog?
Pets Dogs AdviceJanuary 13, 2011
Photo of a pure bred dalmatian.
Dalmatian Breed Information and Photos
Cairn Terrier
Cairn Terrier Breed Information and Photos
Welsh Terrier
Welsh Terrier Breed Information
Identifying the Breed of Your Cat