What Breed Is My Dog?

Category Dog Breeds
It can be difficult to determine a dog's breed without a DNA test. This is guide about "What breed is my dog?".

Breed Questions

Ask a QuestionHere are the Breed Questions asked by community members. Read on to see the answers provided by the ThriftyFun community or ask a new question.

My puppy is 5 1/2 months old. I rescued her from a shelter 2 months ago. I have no history on her. The vet at the shelter thought she was a mix of German Shepherd and Belgian Malinois. Her ears are huge but so cool. She is the smartest dog I have ever seen!Any thoughts? Thanx.

Answer Pin it! Was this helpful? 3

I would really like to know the breed of my new puppy. He looks full German Shepherd, but I'm still skeptical about it.

Answer Pin it! Was this helpful? 4

What breed of dog is she? Basenji mix? Dingo mix? Something else?

Answer Pin it! Was this helpful? 3

I am wondering if my puppy is a Shepherd/Golden Retriever mix. I was told she was a Golden/Lab, but this little girl is 9 weeks old and weighs almost 15-20 pounds already.

She is huge and her color is different.

Answer Pin it! Was this helpful? 4

I adopted a Min Pin mix at the shelter, he is now 10 weeks old. People have asked me what he is mixed with, but I do not know. Their guess is Chihuahua, but a lot of people we encounter including 2 trainers said that he looks like he is mixed with either Fox terrier or Jack Russell.

Answer Pin it! Was this helpful? 3

I got my puppy on Tuesday. He was advertised as a Staffordshire Bull terrier, but his face is very slender and his legs are long. Could someone please help me and tell me if they think he looks a bit Pit Bull?

Answer Pin it! Was this helpful? 2

Riley is supposedly a Mini Pin/Terrier mix. The vet said he looked more like a Rottweiler mix, but he just doesn't seem big enough to have Rottweiler in him. Any ideas what my little guy's breed/mix might be?

Answer Pin it! Was this helpful? 3

I cannot, for the life of me, figure out what kind of mix my dog is! I almost want to get a doggie DNA test, but I thought maybe someone else could give me some opinions!

Answer Pin it! Was this helpful? 3

I found my dog 4 months ago when he was 45 days old in a dumpster trash. He was in bad shape. We took him to the vet and did 2 vaccinations and tommorow he will go for the third, he is good now.

The vet says he is a sheep dog mix or Foxhound. I don't know because his mother was a stray dog.

Answer Pin it! Was this helpful? 2

We found a stray puppy roaming the streets. No collar, not a runner, so we think she was "left" to find a new home. She's the sweetest thing ever and loves people. Could she be a mix maybe?

Answer Pin it! Was this helpful? 2

I bought this dog from someone at a festival a few weeks ago. I was told he was Colby Pit Bull and Red Nose Pit mixed, but the more I look at him and compare to other dogs, he doesn't look like a full blooded Pit to me.

In my opinion, he looks like he's mixed with Boxer.

Answer Pin it! Was this helpful? 2

I got my little guy (not so little now) at 8 weeks and 13 lbs. Now he's a little over a year and 65 lbs. I have heard many different things, but I am just curious.

Answer Pin it! Was this helpful? 1

We bought this dog at 1 1/2 weeks old and we are not sure exactly what breed he is. We were told that he was a mix of Labrador and Boxer.

But when we took Havaac to the vet we were told he might have some Pit Bull in him because of his blue eyes and his color.

Answer Pin it! Was this helpful? 2

Can you tell what breed my puppy is? I can't tell if she is Chihuahua. Why is her head not a perfect apple shape? Her ears are totally up.

Answer Was this helpful? 1

I'm wondering what breed my dog is. I'm thinking its a chihuahua mixed with something else. I love her very much and I really want to know what breed she is.

She has a small face, short snout, and her fur is about 5 cm long.

Answer Pin it! Was this helpful? 1

We adopted Hershey when he was 6 weeks old from a high kill shelter in West Virginia. He was there with his mom who was a Border Collie mix (couldn't figure out what the mix was). The shelter thought he could be a Border Collie/Shepherd mix.

Answer Pin it! Was this helpful? 3

What type of dog is this? i was told it was a pure bred Pitbull. Now I'm not sure. People say it's a cross with a Boxer. It has a lot of loose skin, the dog was neglected. Others say it could be cross with a Mastiff.

Answer Pin it! Was this helpful? 1

I just got this little guy yesterday and am just curious what kind of dog he is? Will he get very big? Normal questions of what I should expect. I'm assuming he might get pretty big. This is just me going off of his paw size as he is barely 3 months old.

Answer Pin it! Was this helpful? 1

I recently adopted my dog from the animal shelter. They put him down as a Chihuahua. I had a Chihuahua when I was a little kid and it looked nothing like this one. I've gotten lots of comments from people saying he looks like a fox. At first glance, I agree he does.

Answer Pin it! Was this helpful? 1

Tiger is 3 years old. I don't know what breed he is. He was a stray wandering the streets of Phuket, Thailand. He likes to run, run, run and splash on the beach. I would like to know his breed.

Answer Pin it! Was this helpful? 1

Can someone tell me what breed my dog is? I've been told he's a Pekingese or that maybe he's a Tibetan Spaniel. He is the most wonderful dog. He has one brown eye and one blue eye. Thanks for your help.

Answer Pin it! Was this helpful? 1
Load More