What Breed Is My Dog?

Category Dog Breeds
It can be difficult to determine a dog's breed without a DNA test. This is guide about "What breed is my dog?".

Breed Questions

Ask a QuestionHere are the Breed Questions asked by community members. Read on to see the answers provided by the ThriftyFun community or ask a new question.

What breed of dog is she? Basenji mix? Dingo mix? Something else?

Tan and white dog with big ears.

Answer Pin it! Was this helpful? 3

I adopted a Min Pin mix at the shelter, he is now 10 weeks old. People have asked me what he is mixed with, but I do not know. Their guess is Chihuahua, but a lot of people we encounter including 2 trainers said that he looks like he is mixed with either Fox terrier or Jack Russell.

White dog with black and brown patches.

Answer Pin it! Was this helpful? 3

I cannot, for the life of me, figure out what kind of mix my dog is! I almost want to get a doggie DNA test, but I thought maybe someone else could give me some opinions!

Tan dog with black muzzle and fluffy tail.

Answer Pin it! Was this helpful? 3

Riley is supposedly a Mini Pin/Terrier mix. The vet said he looked more like a Rottweiler mix, but he just doesn't seem big enough to have Rottweiler in him. Any ideas what my little guy's breed/mix might be?

Black and tan puppy in grocery card.

Answer Pin it! Was this helpful? 3

I found my dog 4 months ago when he was 45 days old in a dumpster trash. He was in bad shape. We took him to the vet and did 2 vaccinations and tommorow he will go for the third, he is good now.

The vet says he is a sheep dog mix or Foxhound. I don't know because his mother was a stray dog.

brindle and white dog with freckles

Answer Pin it! Was this helpful? 2

I bought this dog from someone at a festival a few weeks ago. I was told he was Colby Pit Bull and Red Nose Pit mixed, but the more I look at him and compare to other dogs, he doesn't look like a full blooded Pit to me. In my opinion, he looks like he's mixed with Boxer.

Light brown dog with dark muzzle.

Answer Pin it! Was this helpful? 2

I got my little guy (not so little now) at 8 weeks and 13 lbs. Now he's a little over a year and 65 lbs. I have heard many different things, but I am just curious.

Sitting looking up at camera.

Answer Pin it! Was this helpful? 1

We bought this dog at 1 1/2 weeks old and we are not sure exactly what breed he is. We were told that he was a mix of Labrador and Boxer.

But when we took Havaac to the vet we were told he might have some Pit Bull in him because of his blue eyes and his color.

gray dog with white feet and nose

Answer Pin it! Was this helpful? 2

I'm wondering what breed my dog is. I'm thinking its a chihuahua mixed with something else. I love her very much and I really want to know what breed she is. She has a small face, short snout, and her fur is about 5 cm long.

small white dog

Answer Pin it! Was this helpful? 1

We adopted Hershey when he was 6 weeks old from a high kill shelter in West Virginia. He was there with his mom who was a Border Collie mix (couldn't figure out what the mix was).

The shelter thought he could be a Border Collie/Shepherd mix.

Dark brown dog on carpeted stairs.

Answer Pin it! Was this helpful? 3

What type of dog is this? i was told it was a pure bred Pitbull. Now I'm not sure. People say it's a cross with a Boxer. It has a lot of loose skin, the dog was neglected. Others say it could be cross with a Mastiff.

Dark brown or black dog with white on chest and nose.

Answer Pin it! Was this helpful? 1

I just got this little guy yesterday and am just curious what kind of dog he is? Will he get very big? Normal questions of what I should expect.

I'm assuming he might get pretty big. This is just me going off of his paw size as he is barely 3 months old.

white puppy with yellowish ears

Answer Pin it! Was this helpful? 1

I recently adopted my dog from the animal shelter. They put him down as a Chihuahua. I had a Chihuahua when I was a little kid and it looked nothing like this one. I've gotten lots of comments from people saying he looks like a fox. At first glance, I agree he does.

Small brown dog with large ears lying on fleece blanket.

Answer Pin it! Was this helpful? 1

Tiger is 3 years old. I don't know what breed he is. He was a stray wandering the streets of Phuket, Thailand.

He likes to run, run, run and splash on the beach. I would like to know his breed.

Black and tan dog in sun glasses.

Answer Pin it! Was this helpful? 1

Can someone tell me what breed my dog is? I've been told he's a Pekingese or that maybe he's a Tibetan Spaniel. He is the most wonderful dog. He has one brown eye and one blue eye. Thanks for your help.

Small cream and tan dog.

Answer Pin it! Was this helpful? 1

What breed is my dog? He is very smart, is very protective of our home, and he gets along well with other dogs. I don't have to use a leash when I walk him. He's really friendly. I'm just trying to figure out what breed of dog he is. My daughter brought him home from St Louis and she got them from a lady at Walmart for 10 bucks.

What Breed Is My Dog? - seemingly older black dog with white on chest and gray muzzle

Answer Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

What breed is my dog? I am attaching my 1 year old male dog's images, can anyone please let me know his breed, while adopting him, we were told that he is a Pomeranian, but he doesn't look like one.

I adopted a dog from our local shelter, he was said to be a Great Dane, but I think he is a mix of Great Dane and something else. I asked the vet and she said she couldn't tell if he was a mixed breed or not.

Dog lying on floor.

Answer Pin it! Was this helpful? 1

This is Monty; he is 5 months old. We have had him for about 2 months. My husband rescued him and surprised me with him. To me he looks like a Min Pin/Chi mix. How can I find out what breed he is?

Black and tan small dog, with stand up ears.

Answer Pin it! Was this helpful? 1

Does anyone have any ideas what breed she is? I was told Pit/Boston Terrier mix, other people keep telling me Corgi, which I can see. I know for sure she can't be a Pit/Boston mix because her face is too long. She's only about 25 lbs, with solid muscle, and has kind of short legs. Thanks.

Stocky white dog with stand up ears.

Answer Pin it! Was this helpful? 2

What do you think my lab is mixed with? He is 3 1/2 months old with large webbed feet, long legs and points at his toys a lot.

black dog

Answer Pin it! Was this helpful? 2

I got my pup when he was about 3-4 months old. He's now almost 2 yrs old (April 30). I was told he's a "reverse blue brindle".

Closeup of face.

Answer Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes
Load More

Pets Dogs Dog BreedsNovember 4, 2013
🌻
🍀
🐰