What Breed is My Dog?

We adopted Nelly from a rescue group back in June. She is by far one of the sweetest and loving dogs I have ever met. She is very petite, only 22 pounds. My vet has guessed that she may be a Shepherd/Shiba Inu mix.

I have scoured the internet looking for images. She doesn't quite fit the Shiba Inu breed. Her fur is sleek and not as thick as either a Shepherd or Shiba Inu. Any ideas? She can run for miles and has a keen interest in small critters (chipmunks, squirrels, and birds).

Jennifer from New Paltz, NY

When I first saw this picture I thought Wow this looks just like my dog! We have a full bred Shiba Inu and I am telling you it looks just like this dog! Our Shiba Inu has a lot of interest in small critters too and if he gets out we can chase him for miles! I honestly think you do have a Shiba Inu on your hands.

mixed breed dog
What Breed is My Dog?
Pets Dogs AdviceFebruary 23, 2009
Photo of a pure bred dalmatian.
Dalmatian Breed Information and Photos
Cairn Terrier
Cairn Terrier Breed Information and Photos
Welsh Terrier
Welsh Terrier Breed Information
Identifying the Breed of Your Cat