What Breed is My Dog?

I adopted a Min Pin mix at the shelter, he is now 10 weeks old. People have asked me what he is mixed with, but I do not know. Neither do the people at the shelter. Their guess is Chihuahua, but a lot of people we encounter including 2 trainers said that he looks like he is mixed with either Fox terrier or Jack Russell.

The only information I can provide is that he is very, very hyper and he loves to dig. He is very small, but very spunky. He often stands on his hind feet almost as if he's begging and sometimes when he's looking at something he will put his front paw up somewhat like a pointer dog.

By Ruby from Brooklyn, NY

When I first saw the picture, I thought JRT. Your description, the digging, definitely Jack Russell Terrier. :)

I have a min. rat terrier and looking at your picture other than the brown color in the ears looks almost identical to my dog and she also stands on her hind legs and would dig in the yard if I let her. I hope this helps.

This dog looks identical to the dog I got when I was a teenager. It was a fox terrier named Domino. Hope this helps.

Here's a better picture, actually he got very sick on me a few days ago I had to take him to the vet and a guy at the front desk told me he was pretty sure that he was mixed up with beagle. I just feel he has too much energy, he's highly intelligent and he is very spunky to be a beagle. Not insulting the beagle of course

I would say you have a JRT looking at him and how he acts. We had a JRT also and she was always digging, running and hunting small animals. She was a great mouser! Mickie looked exactly like your sweet heart. We miss our Mickie a lot. My son accidentally ran her over last year, but she was getting old and hard of hearing and seeing. So if she had been good she would have never been by his truck. She was the best dog we ever had and I would definitely get another JRT again. Love him and he will love you back a hundred times more!

Kinda looks like my dog Lilly. I as well don't know what breed she is.

Although she has gotten bigger I still don't know what breed she is.

Hi,

I think she has Whippet in her. Her long legs told me that. My dog was part whippet and rat terrier. We thought we were getting a Jack Russell mix when we adopted her from the shelter. But she was a really great dog just looks little different than we expected :-) Hope this helps.

That dog is part Jack Russell terrier. You can tell because of the fur patterns

He is a Jack Russel terrier from the patterns to the size.

This is Bella. She's my Rat Terrier/Chihuahua mix. A lot of people, I think, automatically think of Jack Russells when they see terriers. However, Fox & Rat terriers are very similar as well. Not only do these 3 breeds sometimes have similar markings. They also have similar dispositions. With her having the long legs, I'd rule out the Jack Russell. You're more than likely looking at a Rat or Fox Terrier mix.