What Breed is My Dog?

I have a Siberian Husky, but I guess she is a mixed breed. Huskies are big, but she is medium sized or less. She has inherited the Husky traits and the looks, but the height is very much less. What could she be? I'm thinking about a Poodle Husky maybe?

By Nessa from Philippines

Black, tan, and white dog.

She's a beauty, think maybe she's mixed with some sort of terrier, but don't see any poodle there.

She is beautiful!

Determining the genetics of a breed of dog (or breeds of dogs) by its looks is a very challenging task. Research has been done to illustrate that a dogs looks can be very deceiving when one is attempting to identify its genetic heritage. The Canine Research Council has some good info regarding this topic : www.nationalcanineresearchcouncil.com

I see German Shepherd in her upright ears and the length of her face. Collie would give her the same face, but smaller ears. The only Terrier I know with ears that stand up is the Cairn, and they are very small, Dachshund size. I bet she is a wonderful dog.

Looks like some border collie might be in there! Is she very clever? Collies are an extremely intelligent breed.

mixed breed dog
What Breed is My Dog?
Pets Dogs AdviceJune 9, 2010
Photo of a pure bred dalmatian.
Dalmatian Breed Information and Photos
Cairn Terrier
Cairn Terrier Breed Information and Photos
Welsh Terrier
Welsh Terrier Breed Information
Identifying the Breed of Your Cat