What Breed is My Dog?

Can anyone help me determine what type of dog I have? He's the brown and white dog in the picture. When I adopted him I was told he was pit bull, rottweiler, and terrier. He has a curly Q for a tail, weighs about 60 lbs and is only 8 months old.

He has thick fore legs and large paws, black and pink spots on his belly, and doesn't have black on his tongue. He is very hyperactive, very protective, and has a loud bark only when he hears people at the door or a strange sound. But his growl when he is playing actually sounds like a baby bear cub, hence his name Bear.

His coat is a very soft coat medium length and does not shed much. He stands as high as my 4 yr old boxer as seen in the picture. He also has a lot of loose skin in his neck area, and kinda has the look of the pit bull eyes (I don't think there is any pit in him though). I'd like to get a DNA test done but that's very expensive so I thought I would try this first. Thank you.

By honey_angel135 from Danville, PA

I think he is adorable! I really don't see any of those breeds at all in him, if anything part hound/beagle/chow. Anyway you look at it he is adorable. Here is a pic of our rescues, some of them anyway. I even have a rescue from walmart, a betta that was in a bowl covered in algae. Don't even get me started on how our walmart treats animals and how many times I have been in there to complain and online too. Anyway, your babies are adorable!

Robyn

If his tongue has any black/purple on it then he is part chow. He almost looks to be part Akita.

The hyper dog needs more exercise. That running and walking 1-2 hours a day will create a new calm, happy dog and you'll benefit both physically and mentally too!

Pits are terriers and you definitely have some of that and there may be a little Rotti or Dane in the mix. Pit features tend to dominate when they're mixed so it's hard to tell from a side/behind shot.

Don't forget, the dog can easily be a mix of 4 or 5 breeds or more so just enjoy him!

Oh believe me he will always be loved no matter what type of dog he is! We enjoy having him very much. We have been going on a daily walk and run which has helped with the hyperness and has also helped with socializing him since he came from an abused home. thank you very much robyn for the compliment. Yours are very adorable also. Here is a better pic of him. Thanks for all the info. Its nice to see that someone said the same thing, I have been thinking.

Hi! I've had several akitas; after seeing Bear's pictures and reading his attributes, I would definitely say somewhere along the line he has some akita blood or possibly the smaller version of an akita, shiba inu blood. Akitas are VERY territorial and possessive of their people and property, but they are wonderful dogs (very quiet and loving) and one of my favorite breeds. If you can, obedience school might be a good option for you & Bear; please don't give up on him!

He's obviously a genuine purebred Good Dog, love those socks!

Pets Dogs AdviceApril 16, 2009
Photo of a pure bred dalmatian.
Dalmatian Breed Information and Photos
Cairn Terrier
Cairn Terrier Breed Information and Photos
mixed breed dog
What Breed is My Dog?
Cat
Identifying the Breed of Your Cat
🎉
🎄