What Breed is My Dog?

What breed are my puppies? I recently rescued 2 puppies and am not sure of the breed. The pound said German Shepherd/black lab mix. They are sisters, but are quite different in size. This is a picture of the smaller one.

By cknlv from Las Vegas, NV

What a sweet face! She looks like my 7 year old Dixie. Dixie's parents were such mixtures; you wouldn't even think the other two pups from the litter had the same parents as they were very different in coloring, size, and length/type of fur. I hope she has as good a disposition as Dixie. Enjoy your new companions!

Kind of looks like a Rottweiler or a Pit Bull Mix. Has the markings of a Shepherd. I once purchased a shepherd/lab mix pup and it turned out to be a pit bull. They lied about it here in Ontario to save the pup from destruction.

Ears definitely look like a rot. that's a cute dog have fun!

If you can afford it, you might want to have a dog DNA test. I had it done a year ago and it was about $70. My dog was supposed to be half Lab and half Chesapeake Bay Retriever, but we were sure he had some Shepherd in him. Nope. Lab and Chesapeake and not even a trace of anything else. He's exactly what they said he was.

There are two types of DNA testing. The cheaper one uses saliva, but our vet said that wasn't as reliable. We used the Wisdom Panel test (website: http://www.whatsmydog.com for info), which is a blood test. You can enter your zip code at their site and they'll give you a list of vets near you that offer it. But I'd just ask your vet. My vet still isn't on the list for my area, but I had it done there a year ago. Their website says it's $125, but I think it varies by the vet. Mine for sure was about $70 last year.

Looks like she has shepherd in her, doesn't look like a pit though. She might be part rot.

She looks like a dog we had that was part rottie- she was a lovely natured dog.

The Picture of your dog did not show the feet, and actual size; the markings are very much like a German shepherd, but check those ears. They are more breed consistent with a dachshund, maybe a Rot, but I would think the smaller breed. Have a picture of one that looks just like her.

Looks like it could be a rottweiler and a German shepherd.

mixed breed dog
What Breed is My Dog?
Pets Dogs AdviceJuly 31, 2009
Photo of a pure bred dalmatian.
Dalmatian Breed Information and Photos
Cairn Terrier
Cairn Terrier Breed Information and Photos
Welsh Terrier
Welsh Terrier Breed Information
Cat
Identifying the Breed of Your Cat
🎉
🎄