What Breed is My Dog?

I would like to know what breed my dog is. I'd say that he has some Husky in him but my friend told me that it has no Husky. I'd like to know your opinion on what breed you think my dog is. He doesn't howl like Huskies, but it's a challenge to train him.

Pasca Bianca from Ordea, Romania

He might be an Akita. My son had one and he had the curled tail. You can find a website devoted to the rescue of akitas. But the American Kennel Club is below. See if the description matches your dog.

http://www.akc.org/breeds/akita/index.cfm

Hope this helps,

Tina

It's difficult to tell how big he is from this photo. You should really post in the dog forum on dog.com - where there are a lot of "experts" that would love to give an opinion. My guess is that it's part Schipperke and part terrier. They unfortunately dock the tails of Skipperke's - but that might be what one looks like.

The dog is a medium-sized dog (simmilar to a husky) here are some pictures with him.

We think it is Alaskan Malamute.

Maybe he is part Shiba Inu? I found and took care of one for a week this summer. They are a medium sized dog, lots of energy, very fast and very smart...and look similar to an Akita or Husky family.

I have a siberian husky and it doesn't look like her. I would guess she was a chow/shepard mix. My Chow mix from a few years ago had the same tail as yours and she was very stubborn! She could have husky in her too. I also have an alaskan husky mix and alaskan huskies are just a mix of many different breds to make them better sled dogs! If you really want to know, do a DNA test. I think they are around $60 but I'm not sure. I just know DNA tests are popular now!

Here is a list of dogs with a curled tail. You may be able to narrow it down from there. Beautiful dog!

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090107101102AA4XAP3

Looks like a keeshound mix to me. They are smaller dogs with the curly tail and thick coat.

Have you checked his tongue? If it has black spots is part chow chow.

He looks like he has some keeshond in him. Very pretty baby.

Keeshound mix is my vote also.

The "guest-post" by Chris is the best answer you have received. Alaskan malamute he certainly "is not" Any "northern breed" Dogs are hardy fast and difficult to train. Good luck.

I think he does look like some Shiba Inu or Akita Inu. I have a Shiba that looks very like him except the color. They are very hard to train at the beginning. I recommend you read about their breed info on AKC.

mixed breed dog
What Breed is My Dog?
Pets Dogs AdviceJanuary 7, 2009
Photo of a pure bred dalmatian.
Dalmatian Breed Information and Photos
Cairn Terrier
Cairn Terrier Breed Information and Photos
Welsh Terrier
Welsh Terrier Breed Information
Cat
Identifying the Breed of Your Cat
🎄