What Breed is My Dog?

This is my dog Woody. I was told he was mini Pin and Chihuahua, but I'm not sure. Do you guys have any ideas?

By Nino from San Pablo, CA

The shape of his head is like that of a Chihuahua. The coloring looks like a Miniature Pincher, but am not sure if he's a min pin mix. He's a very handsome fellow, whatever breed he may be!

That's what he looks like.

His face looks like a Chihuahua and his little ears look like my Chi's ears when he is in trouble. I have seen Chihuahuas with this coloring. Don't know about the Min Pin as his legs look a bit short for one, but there could be some in there.

He looks chi. If there is anything else in there, it is called gifted.

He's half Chi, half Min Pin, and 100% adorable. :-) mellie

He looks like a Chihuahua/ Dachshund to me.

I would agree that he could be a Chi/Min Pin mix, but without seeing your dog in person and not knowing his weight, it's hard to say for sure. I have both breeds. The Chihuahua part, I believe, is dead on. I see the apple shaped head and the Chihuahua expression. As for the Miniature Pinscher portion, that is the part that could be the big question. Chi's and Min Pins both have that coloring. I would definitely say not a Dachshund mix looking at those legs and that body. Alot of people who have never seen a Min Pin before, think mine is a Dachshund. If this guy is much bigger than 6 lbs, then I would think a Min Pin is in his lineage. My Chi is 6 lbs and my Min Pin is 14 lbs (and that is on the larger side). Either way he is a keeper.

PS If there is any Min Pin in there, then he might be like my Bill (8yo). A hyperactive dog for life.

Easy one. He's an Adorable.

Look, I know I'm gonna get arguments on this. People will say Adorables are such a rare breed he just can't be one (although most think their dog has a bit of Adorable in him/her). But, Adorables have been bred (by accident) for centuries and have an extensive and storied history. And your Woody has all the markings and points of a perfect Adorable.

You should be very proud.

Hey, I don't know what breed woody is but, he is cuter than heck-puts a smile on my face.

Pets DogsFebruary 25, 2010
Photo of a pure bred dalmatian.
Dalmatian Breed Information and Photos
Cairn Terrier
Cairn Terrier Breed Information and Photos
mixed breed dog
What Breed is My Dog?
Cat
Identifying the Breed of Your Cat
🎄
🍂