What Breed is My Dog?

What breed is my dog? Our guess was Shepherd mix, but we're wondering what else might be in the mix. Any ideas? He weighed 45-50lbs as an adult, and as you can see he was a very lanky boy.

By Mel

dob

He for sure has Shepard in him! My dog is simular to yours except she is all blonde. There is a dog that looks just like her at the local dog park that had a DNA test done on him. He was 3/4 shepard 1/4 POODLE! That was very surprising to everyone. I told my family and they just laughed. But you never know!

I would *love* to get that DNA test done. Unfortunately my dog passed away this year before I had a chance. I'm hoping to get a very similar dog since his temperament was awesome, very goofy, affectionate and snuggly, and he was the perfect size (I think a full GSD might be a little too big for me).

Maybe there is some whippet or other sighthound in there? That would make him lanky and have those ears.

Hello, I know it's been a couple of years, but my dog just recently passed away from cancer, and she looked just like yours except she was a tad overweight. Did you ever find the breed or mix? My best guess is a shepherd/whippet mix or a Formosan mountain dog.

Our dogs are definitely twins. We've been trying to figure out our puppies breed too. She is about the same size, very hyperactive, and all muscle. We've been thinking she is a German shepherd husky & collie mix, but not sure because of her short blondish color hair.

It's crazy how much alike my dog is to yours. I was scrolling around just trying to find a dog similar to her and I find her twin! I know she's a German shepherd mix. Her mom was German shepherd, but the family I got het from didn't know who the dad was.

mixed breed dog
What Breed is My Dog?
Pets Dogs AdviceDecember 15, 2009
Photo of a pure bred dalmatian.
Dalmatian Breed Information and Photos
Cairn Terrier
Cairn Terrier Breed Information and Photos
Welsh Terrier
Welsh Terrier Breed Information
Cat
Identifying the Breed of Your Cat
🎉
🎄