AdviceDogs

What Breed is My Dog?

Is this little dog a Pitbull?

By Brandy

He/she sure looks like a young one! What a cute, sweet face.

I'm NOT a breed recognition expert, but from the size of those paws, the head size and shape, the wider set eyes, snout size, and flopped ears, the pup could have some English Mastiff in him/her. If he/she is 6 - 10 weeks old and about 15 - 25 + pounds, I might make a bet on it. :)

I'm merely guessing, as it's impossible to tell from a single head shot picture of such a young puppy. About how old and how much does the pup weigh in this picture? If you could take a profile (full body) photo of the pup standing on all fours and post it on this thread, the body frame/shape might give some more clues.

What do you know about the pup's parents? What does your vet think? Good luck in getting this figured out!

This dog looks like a Shar-pei mix, maybe Lab. I see no Pit in him.