What Breed is My Dog?

I have a new puppy and I am trying to find out if she is mixed with Pit Bull. I have heard of some traits they carry, although I'm not sure if they are true. For example, laying at the feet of their owner instead of laying on them, when they are puppies all their teeth grow in sharp and pointed, etc. Please help! I have better pics if you want to see them. I know she is part Lab, but I'm trying to figure out what else she is mixed with and all my friends that have had Pit Bulls are telling me its definitely a Pit.

By Amanda from Trussville, AL

She looks nothing like a Pit to me. But Pits can make wonderful and loving pets if they are given a chance. All puppies have very sharp and pointed puppy teeth! From Chihuahuas to Great Danes. Its just a puppy thing. They all also destroy everything in their path until they reach maturity too. Typical puppies, I'm afraid. Please stop worrying about what your adorable puppy might be mixed with and love her for what she is, a beautiful intelligent companion. Give her plenty of love and attention, and train her with positive reinforcement, never physical punishment. She will reward you by being the dog that you make her. I hope that you have many long and happy years together.

I cannot see Pit in this dog. I see lots of lab. If there is some pit it is not enough to make much difference. What a cutie! She should be a wonderful dog!

What a lovely looking dog. I cannot see any pit bull in her at all. I have two rescue dogs, one which is a cross between a Labrador and a Staffordshire Bull Terrier. If she is brought up in a loving home, with lots of affectionate cuddles and a good routine (dogs love routine) then you will have a wonderful companion who will love you back a million times. The bitch that I have mentioned (Jennie) has been quite destructive when she was very young but that is the lab in her. Just make sure that she has plenty of her own stuff to chew. Don't give her slippers or anything because that will tell her that it's ok to chew slippers or whatever. I love her face, she will be a nice dog and I trust that you will have her as a companion for many years. Give her a cuddle from me.

It isn't so much what she is as what you do. It's very important for any dog to be exposed to people, both men and women, children other dogs. This type of training is always an ongoing thing, not just the first year but the second year as well. I've raised Dobermans and American Staffordshires and they've all made great pets. Like children consistency is important. Tori

Pets Dogs AdviceDecember 28, 2010
Photo of a pure bred dalmatian.
Dalmatian Breed Information and Photos
Cairn Terrier
Cairn Terrier Breed Information and Photos
mixed breed dog
What Breed is My Dog?
Cat
Identifying the Breed of Your Cat
🎄
🍂