What Is a Bull Snake?

I have heard people talk about a bull snake and was wondering what it is. It is from Florida.

It is a large, yellow, non-poisonous snake. It can be found in many areas, from water to the mountains.

They mimimic rattlesnakes! Check out this video:

https://www.you  ch?v=qFcQSA3bgvk

Bull snake (Pituophis catenifer), North American constrictor snake of the family Colubridae. These snakes are called bull snakes over much of their range; however, in the western United States they are often called gopher snakes. Bull snakes are rather heavy-bodied, small-headed, and may reach 2.5 metres (8 feet) in length. Typical coloration is yellowish brown or creamy, with dark blotches. The nose shield is enlarged for digging. They are related to pine snakes (P. melanoleucus) of the eastern and southern United States and the Mexican bull snake (P. deppei) of north central and western Mexico.

It is a snake that out west is known as a 'gopher snake' because it constricts its prey, usually small animals. in this way it is similar to the boa constrictor which has become a serious pest problem in the same general Florida area.

This is a very interesting snake as it is very often mistaken for a rattlesnake. When I had a larger piece of land (Florida), I would occasionally see one of these and when I called animal control they sent a "snake" man who roamed my property and found 3 - he was very happy but not as happy as me! I love my rabbits and birds.

It seems the bullsnake/bull snake is kin to several other similar snakes. Here is a link from Wikipedia with a link to 3 similar snakes (just click the link for info on each snake):

Bull snake may refer to one of several non-venomous North American colubrid snakes from the genus Pituophis:

https://en.wiki  /wiki/Bull_snake

Here is a Wikipedia link for information on just the bullsnake:

https://en.wiki  g/wiki/Bullsnake