What is This Plant?

Can anyone identify this plant for me? It just started blooming and will bloom until frost. It will then be killed to the ground and will remain dormant until late spring. At that time it will put up long shoots from the ground and grow into a vine.

Hardiness Zone: 8b

By Deannan from North LA

I think it's a sky flower vine. Check out this info page:

http://www.creeksidenursery.com/index.php/products/C30/

That my dear, is a morning glory. there are several varieties. they originated from Asia and are aggressive spreaders. they tolerate all soils but blossom most when its in poor soil. the flowers range from white, pink, purple and blue. they grow hardy in full sun but do well in partial shade. Its a beautiful vine and will cover anything you train it on. brick walls, stockade fencing, even concrete. For the most abundant display of flowers, whack it down to the ground in either late summer or very early spring. It is very hard to completely kill.

This is thunbergia grandiflora, more commonly known as "clock vine" or "blue sky vine". It is a vigorous summertime grower in zone 8b where we live. Ours tumbles across an iron fence then reaches up to grab the branches of an oak tree where it continues until it reaches the top. It does indeed die back every winter.

I vote for the thunbergia.

I think this plant is definately a "Thumbergia grandiflora". Thanks for all your help.

Mystery Plant
What is This Garden Plant?
Home and Garden Gardening Plant Info What Is This PlantSeptember 13, 2010
Zucchini Plant Not Growing Fruit
Zucchini Plant Not Growing Fruit
Europe on a globe.
Plant Hardiness Zones for France
Sun Star Plant
Caring for a Sun Star Plant
Poplar Tree Cutting
Starting Poplar Tree Cuttings
🎄