What Plant is This?

We planted kale seeds in our garden, and the only thing that came up was this. We are not sure what this is. It doesn't look like normal kale, but it could be some special type of kale. What is this plant?

There are many types of Kale. Here are photos of the different types -depositphotos.com/.../growing-kale.html

If this is a kale, I might suggest that it's Tronchuda variety...most others have some sort of curl or textured leaves. Some squash varieties have really big leaves too (although I'm not sure of the scale in your picture). Did only this one grow?

Yes, this the only plant that grew. If you want to know the scale, the largest leaf is 16.25 inches, and there are about 24 leaves.
Thank you!

Best Answer

Hmmm. Those are really big leaves! So now I'm thinking rhubarb.

Soil pH determines whether the stalks are red or green. It's perennial, if that helps. Good luck! I hope someone can answer definitively!

this looks just like a squash

I had tons of squash volunteers this year, I don't even know why. Does it have yellow flowers?

Home and Garden Gardening Plant InfoJuly 21, 2020
🐛
😷
🌻
📓
Generated 2020-08-19 09:30:04 in 762 msecs. ⛅️️
https://www.thriftyfun.com/What-Plant-is-This-2.html