Browsing: When Should Girls Start Shaving?

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

When Should Girls Start Shaving?

It is a common question that often begins to be heard in grade or middle school. This is a guide about when should girls start shaving.

When Should Girls Start Shaving
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

October 6, 2007 Flag

I am afraid to ask my mom to shave but i hate my legs I have tried to bring up the subject but I keep chickening out. Please help me.

Whitney

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Best Answer

I decided to ask my mom early this morning... She said it hadn't even crossed her mind about me possibly shaving(even though I'm 12) she then said she would buy me a razor then teach me how..(though we've had the talk already) and I will have to shower then tomorrow morning I will begin shaving.. So don't worry at all it will feel great for her to know and to get it off your back

Don't chicken out its not like she is gonna yell at you or hurt just for asking a question

Read More Answers...

February 3, 2015 Flag

Right now it's winter so I really don't need to shave. I'm a diver, and no one really stares at my legs. When I have gym at school, I have to wear shorts. I see some people looking at my legs when I'm sitting on the floor. I really want to shave. My parents are fine with it. I'm afraid that once I start shaving, I will be committed for life because of the stubble. Once I shave, the fine point of the hair will be gone, and it will look thicker and darker since the razor is cutting the hair into a blunt edge. So, if I shave does that mean that I'm going to have to shave forever? Or would I be better off not shaving? I already bought a razor and shaving cream.

By W.W.

Best Answer

I am 61 years old, and I have shaved my legs for years. Should I quit for awhile, the hair grows back, pretty much the same as it did before. Shaving will not change your hair. Think about men's beards. Do they change when they shave them and then let them grow, and then shave them again? No, of course not.

Once you have shaved your legs, if you run the razor over your legs daily, you will never have stubble. I do this, and it takes about a minute to keep this up, daily, after I shower. I do not use a shaving cream to do this.

I'm scared too I don't know what do do I have major black hair on my legs and armpit and I shave behind her back and want to tell her and whenever I try to I chicken out too

Read More Answers...

July 9, 2013 Flag

So I'm going on to grade 9 and I want to shave my legs. It is summer and all my friends are wearing their shorts and I'm afraid to wear my shorts around them so I wear them when my friends are not around. I really want to ask my mom if I can shave my legs, but I'm scared. I've asked her about it a couple of years ago and I think she said I can do it when I want. But I'm scared to ask her now. She isn't struck and I really don't think she would get mad at me, but I don't know, I don't know how to ask her or tell her I want to. Even me grandmother said, "you soon need to start shaving your legs'. I said, "I know", but that's all there was to it. I was thinking now I know my legs are bad.

So can someone please tell me how I can tell my mom. I'm afraid to come right out and say it so I don't know if there's a way I can ask/tell her without really saying it. And going to the store and looking at the razors and bringing it up isn't going to work. Because I would find it very awkward. Help me!

By K.D.M

Okay, I started shaving in fourth grade. I

All I said was, " Mom, I'm embarrassed." M:"Why?" Me" Cuz my !egs are hairy. Everybody stares at me. Can I shave? "

By K.f.

Im in grade 6. I use hair removal cream and would definitely recommend it. It doesn't hurt and works better in my opinion. It seems like im a bit young but i wanted to start so...

Im sure your mum would be totally understanding so don't worry about it. Hope ive helped 

Read More Answers...

August 12, 2005 Flag

Every girl at my school shaves their legs and I'm not allowed to! I've asked my mom, tried to make a deal, even asked my dad! I have alot of hair on my legs! Is there a way to keep the hair from growing on my legs or to get rid of the hair without shaving or waxing?

Thanks,
Ana

Try putting flour on your legs and rubbing the excess of, it makes the hairs less visible.

I have the same problem , but I'm only 13 . So my mom told me to make them blonde . You buy something called oxygeen and put it on ur legs for like 10 minutes , and like a body lotion . Wait for 10 mins and u have blonde hair . That's what I'm doing .

Read More Answers...

April 1, 2015 Flag

I am going to be 15 this May. My legs are so hairy that I feel so embarassed when I wear shorts and all. I really want to shave. But the problem that arises is that my mother doesn't shave. Last time when she got shaved was near her marriage. From then on my mother, who has so little hair that they don't even appear, has not shaved. So a few years ago she became a nun and she literally doesn't shave. What should I do? I also don't want that my mom should know about it. I am too shy to ask for a razor and all that stuff from a shopkeeper.

By Ishu

After some more thought about your post, it occurs to me that you may be from a different culture than what I'm used to here in North America? If so I think I understand your dilemma a little better, and perhaps it would be better if you asked one of your friend's mothers to help you, as a previous poster suggested.

Use a hair removal cream. I have the Nair cream and you out it on and let it sit for about 3 minutes then hop in the shower and rinse it off, works really well plus no razor involved

Read More Answers...

April 6, 2015 Flag

I'm 13 and have really hairy legs. I don't know how to ask my dad to shave because I fell like I would feel more comfortable asking my mom, but I only see her once every 3-4 months. What should I do?

By Destiny

Sometimes the hardest part is beginning the conversation. How about... starting off by saying something like "Dad, I feel like I have more hair on my legs than you do. When can I start shaving my legs?" Just think about it. Best wishes.

Just ask him, and let him know how it makes you feel to have so much hair on your legs. Also don't be afraid to ask for shaving tips, to prevent you from having any issues like scrapes or razor burn. Plus, he will feel honored you asked for advice. Good luck!

Read More Answers...

June 21, 2013 Flag

So last year when I was 12, I realized how hairy my legs were. So I asked my mom to shave, but she said "no, I didn't start shaving till I was 27". That's an obvious sign that she doesn't want me to shave, but I really need to and I was gonna ask today, but what if she says no? My mom is a really easy going person, but I don't understand why she won't let me shave. I'm going into 8th grade and ever girl already shaves. Whenever I try talk about it I just don't say anything. I would really like to show off my legs, but I'm too embarrassed. Pleas help!

By Ariel.13

minkuti...you took the words right out of my mouth! I just want to add that Ariel13 I think it's great that you care about what your Mom thinks, that goes a long way to help the communication up between you two! Good luck :)

The next time you go to the store with her, casually pick up some razors and put them in the cart.

Read More Answers...

June 12, 2013 Flag

I'm Jessie, I'm 14 years old and a 3rd year high school student. I'm going to have a prom and I don't know what to do. What if our theme is a cocktail dress? Should I wear stockings because I am so embarrassed about how I look.

Load More
Health & Beauty Beauty Hair Tips ShavingFebruary 6, 2013
Daughters Horse Riding Daddy
Raising Girls
A pink razor.
Shaving Your Bikini Area
A woman shaving her legs.
Tips for Shaving Your Legs
Homemade Shave Cream
Homemade Shaving Cream Recipes
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 21, 2016 at 7:40:46 PM on 10.0.1.174 in 5 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.