Whiteboard Marker that Won't Come Off!

I just bought a whlteboard/blackboard for my son and had got a bunch of whiteboard markers at a garage sale, they are definitely marked as "whiteboard marker" but after I let him loose with one of them (black colour) on the whiteboard I was horrified to find out that they wouldn't come off with water. I have not tried anything else yet....HELP! I only bought the board a couple of days ago and now it is covered with a 2 year olds scribbles (as much as I do love his artwork LOL), they won't come off :-(

TIA
Katrina

Answers:

Whiteboard Marker that Won't Come Off!

Rubbing alcohol or alcohol gel (in most antibacterial hand cleaning gels) will remove permanent marker from a whiteboard. (11/30/2004)

By Anne

Whiteboard Marker that Won't Come Off!

Hairspray, nailpolish remover and OOPs are what I would use-try each one in that order. OOPs will definitely work. And return the marker to the store! (11/30/2004)

By Linda

Whiteboard Marker that Won't Come Off!

Glass Cleaner and paper towel works for me everytime. (11/30/2004)

By CHRISTINA

Whiteboard Marker that Won't Come Off!

Most of the time dry erase markings will look permanent. Soap and water usually works, I use the brand Expo white board cleaner to clean my boards on a regular basis. If it turns out that it is permanent, and nothing works from the feedback here, I will ask our custodians what they use to remove permanent markings!
(11/30/2004)

By Cindy

Whiteboard Marker that Won't Come Off!

Use another whiteboard marker to write over the markings already on the white board. This will "loosen" them and you can them wipe it all off with a tissue. Easy!! (11/30/2004)

By Natalie

Whiteboard Marker that Won't Come Off!

Clorox Clean-Up has removed whiteboard marker that has set for a long time and needed some extra muscle to get off. I have also had my kids use regular markers on them and the Clorox Clean-Up works wonders! It also works on your tables, counters, walls, etc. It is excellent for cleaning your coffee pot, tea pot, tea pitchers, etc. (12/01/2004)

By Princess Frogee

Whiteboard Marker that Won't Come Off!

Mr Clean Magic erasers work wonders. It got PERMANENT marker off my refrigerator which has been on there for at least two years. you might try a small area first to make sure it doesn't damage the board but I think this would do the trick. (12/01/2004)

By JOANN

Whiteboard Marker that Won't Come Off!

WD-40 is great for getting those ghost marks off the board. (12/01/2004)

By Ginger

Whiteboard Marker that Won't Come Off!

use acetone, ethanol, or fast orange, Fast Orange works especially well (02/08/2005)

By Anonymous

Whiteboard Marker that Won't Come Off!

I used Clorox Soft Scrub and it came right off! none of the other tricks worked for my board. (07/29/2005)

By Jess

Whiteboard Marker that Won't Come Off
Man tinkering with a riding mower.
Riding Lawn Mower Won't Start
A Sharpie marker with its lid off.
Removing Permanent Ink (Sharpie) from Plastic
Removing Permanent Marker Off Walls
Removing Permanent Marker from Walls
🎉
🎄