The hummingbirds are plentiful in VA. They are amazing to watch. I often would hold this cup in my hands, and they would drink from it, but I couldn't get a picture. So I sat the cup down on the porch ledge, hoping they would come, and they did!

I'm less than 18 inches from this one. I have a series of shots, from where he began to come in, and then posing for a final shot, with his wings wide open as if to say "Thank you" before fluttering off.

By Sandy

Wildlife: Hummingbird

What a one of a kind photo. Beautiful. Thanks for sharing. (05/24/2010)

By keeper60

Wildlife: Hummingbird

I don't know how you did it, those guys are fast! Great shots! My dad absolutely loved hummingbirds. He would sit and watch them on his porch for hours and tell me all about it. Good memories, thanks! (05/25/2010)

By PainterLee

Wildlife: Hummingbird

Lovely! Are those the Peaks of Otter in the background? (05/26/2010)

By shryoung

Wildlife: Hummingbird

Thanks for all the compliments. shryoung-The farthest peak is Adams Peak, can't remember what the other one is.

Painterlee- I too watch them for a long time, they are amazing little creatures. You just sit still and snap, snap, snap. I have a series of about 6 shots at this one sitting.

keeper60-Thank you! I may be a wedding planner/ decorator, but my 1st love is photography. (06/06/2010)

By sandy2009

Hummingbird feeding at lavender
Hummingbird Photos
Bee on Hummingbird Feeder
Keeping Bees Out of the Hummingbird Feeder
Cape Fuchsia Flowers
Growing Cape Fuchsia
Rufus - Ruby-throated  Hummingbird
Ruby Throated Hummingbird Photos
Hummingbird flying.
Attracting Hummingbirds