Worms on Tomato Plants

I removed big green worms from my tomato plants. Should I cut off the parts he ate from or let it be? Please advise.

By laplant

Sounds like you might have a tomato horn worm. Here's a link with some helpful info, http://organicgardensite.com/bugs-harmful/tomato-horn-worms/

Definately sounds like the evil tomato horn worm. They are dangerous to your tomato plants because they eat the plant, but they are not a danger to you. I've always planted marigolds around my tomato plants and that seems to deter them. In 20 years of growing tomatoes, I've only ever had 3 worms that made it past the marigolds. The biggest danger from these worms is the pesticides most people use to kill them, it's far better just to pick them off individually than risk killing all the beneficial insects and poisoning your crops. Hope this is helpful to you.

Tomato Hornworms
Home and Garden Gardening GrowingJuly 23, 2011
Worm in the Lawn
Getting Rid of Worms in the Lawn
growing tomatoes
Worms Eating Tomatoes
Bowl of cream of tomato soup garnished with chives.
Freezing Tomato Soup
Tomato Hornworms
Controlling Tomato Hornworms
🎉
🎄