Homemade Easter Cards
Homemade cards add an extra level of sentiment for the receiver. This is a guide about homemade Easter cards
Use a cookie cutter to trace a bunny onto sugar paper. Add some Easter eggs and you have a perfect card to celebrate Easter this year!
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1 piece 8.2 x 5.6 inch light blue card stock
- light pink sugar paper
- green card stock for the grass
- 3 small pieces of colored card stock for the Easter eggs
- small flat-sided rhinestone beads
- small piece of white felt
- 2 small paper flowers
- craft glue, pencil, ruler and scissors
- 3 in bunny-shaped cookie cutter
- Score the 8.2 inch x 5.6 inch blue marbled card stock length-wise to create a card sized 5.6 x 4.1 inches.
- Draw grass onto the green card stock, cut it out and with the fold at the top, glue the grass to the front of the card.
- Use the bunny-shaped cookie cutter. Trace a bunny onto the light pink sugar paper, cut it out and with glue to the front of the card.
- Cut three small Easter eggs from the colored card stock and glue the eggs to the front of the card.
- Cut a small circle from the white felt to make the bunny tail.
- Use the rhinestone beads to add an eye to the bunny, and detail to the eggs.
- Add the finishing touches by gluing the paper flowers in place.
Photo 1: Glue the grass to the front of the card.
Photo 2: Glue the bunny and eggs to the front of the card.
Photo 3: Add some detail to the bunny and eggs.
Photo 4: The completed card.
I have always been fascinated by the Faberge eggs. To me, these eggs speak of luxury and master craftsmanship, a historic rendition of times gone by. I wanted to make a Faberge-inspired Easter egg card for my mother, who also loves the Faberge eggs, to convey special Easter wishes. Because of the religious meaning behind the day, I chose red as the main color for the card, but the card can be produced in any other color.
Approximate Time: 20 minutes
- 8.2 inches x 5.5 inches marbled cream-colored cardboard
- 6 inches x 6 inches piece of red cardboard
- 8 inches x 6 inches of silver glitter mesh
- 8.0 inches x 5.3 inches of ordinary red paper
- a left-over piece of red ribbon, 0.2 inches wide
- one small red fabric bow
- the following rhinestones: 4 small crystal flat-back round rhinestones and 17 red flat-back heart rhinestones
- short red tube-shaped glass beads
- a pair of standard scissors
- quick-drying glue
- egg-shaped object or cookie cutter
- one matching envelope
- Fold the 8.2 inches x 5.5 inches marbled cardboard crosswise in half to create a card 5.5 inches x 4.1 inches ~ use the ruler to make the fold neat and smooth.
- Use the egg-shaped object (I used an egg-shaped cookie tin) and trace an egg onto the red cardboard. Cut out the egg that you have traced on the cardboard.
- Glue the silver glitter mesh to the front of the red cardboard egg and cut off any protruding edges.
- Glue the cardboard-and-mesh egg onto the front of the card.
- Divide the egg in half with the piece of ribbon. Glue the ribbon and the fabric bow in place.
- Glue the 4 crystal round rhinestones in place on the ribbon.
- Glue the red heart rhinestones in place on the bottom half of the egg.
- Use the short red tube-shaped beads to glue three rows of beads that intersect at the top of the egg.
- Fold the 8.0 inches x 5.3 inches red paper crosswise in half and glue it to the inside of the card to write a message.
By BessieBessie from Pretoria, Gauteng
March 12, 20120 found this helpful
That is one of the cutest things I have seen in too long. That is just adorable! I used to love to make shapes out of wallpaper samples and old cards. But this blows that out of the water! Thanks, PBP
This 3-dimensional Easter card will bring a smile to anyone's face. It's a great way to wish someone special a very Happy Easter!
Friends and family will be delighted by these cute Easter bunny note cards.
Send Easter greetings to your friends and family. Make card from blue cardstock. Cut out green cardstock in the shape of grass. Adhere to the bottom edge of card.
1 found this helpful
Friends and family will be delighted by these cute Easter bunny note cards. Use pastel solid and patterned cardstock to vary the designs. View the full project here: Bunny Note Cards
Easter is a special time when everything is reborn after the dark days of winter. Why not celebrate the spirit of this season by sharing cards and gifts with family and friends.
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on November 18, 2016 at 8:12:16 AM on 10.0.1.90 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us