Recycle Greeting Cards

Ms. Syd Barr - Dunkirk, MD

Give the gift of love, "cards to recycle", to friends and they will definitely remember your card!

Cut two equal size horizontal slits about 1/8" apart in the card where you would normally sign your name. On a separate slip of paper sign your name and slip it in the horizontal slits.

Use your imagination for other messages on the card! I have been sending and receiving the same card back for years with new messages; it's something to look forward to!

We recycle greeting cards by cutting up the pictures to use for gift tags, or cute clip-art to include in photo albums. (Cut out the artwork from wedding cards to dress up your wedding album.)

Does anyone know where I can send old greeting cards? St Jude no longer accepts them. Please email me at Thanks!

There are several senior centers and schools that love old cards for their art projects. Take them to your local church as well.

Have fun

I take old Christmas cards and cut them into circles. I then get some green poster board and shape the circles into the shape of a christmas tree . Then give them to friends and relatives to use as a door or wll hanger for a decoration.

Using Old Christmas Cards
Uses for Old Greeting Cards
Better Living Green Living ReusingDecember 7, 2000
Finished tile trivet project (square format).
Making a Greeting Card Trivet
Greeting Cards
Donating Old Greeting Cards
Woman Making Greeting Cards With Children
Saving Money on Greeting Cards
Making Fall Greeting Cards
Making Fall Birthday and Greeting Cards