TipsFrugal Living

Sell Empty Ink Cartridges

Is there a place that will pay for empty ink cartridges?

By Debra from TN

Call several office supply stores, they will only take certain brands.

Anonymous

I don't know about any place that will buy them but office supply stores will recycle them for you and some will give a discount on the purchase of your new cartridges.

Recently I was searching for ink for my printer online at one of the auction places. I noticed people were selling their empty ink tanks for others to refill. Since I use a lot of ink in my work, I began saving my cartridges and have them up for sale on one of the auction places. I figure the money I get back on them will not only offset my ink cost but will be used by someone who can adequately refill them and resale them.

I did this with disposable cameras too. When my daughters' weddings were over we took the film out, removed and reused the battery and donated the camera for recycling.

Help keep America clean by recycling one thing at a time.

By Gem from VA

Answers:

Sell Empty Ink Cartridges

I sold 12 for 22.25 plus postage.
Gem (11/23/2010)

By maphisx7

Sell Empty Ink Cartridges

Why do you sell your empty cartridges? I've had my printer for 3 years now and have always just had them refilled whenever they get empty. I'm still using the original ones! I think its an even cleaner way to recycle. (11/24/2010)

By cett

Where are the companies that are buying used printer cartridges? I "sold" several last summer, for $2-3 each, better than throwing them away. Now I cannot locate the email / url addresses. Please help.

Dee Wolters

Answers:

Selling used printer cartridges?

Rather than trying to sell them, recycle them for your own use again by refilling. There are a number of companies that have web sites that sell refill kits with the detailed instructions. I think this is a better alternative. Saves you more money in the long run. Ms. Syd Barr Dunkirk, MD (01/18/2001)

By sydfred

Selling used printer cartridges?

Below is a link for WebBuyEmpties.com. They will send you cash for you empty cartridges. - (02/02/2001)

Susan

Selling used printer cartridges?

Make sure your printer is out of warranty first, as using a refilled cartridge will void it. (10/04/2004)

By

Warranties and refills

While the printer manufacturers "say" that using a refilled cartridge will void your warranty. They have no way of knowing what you used, unless you tell them or leave it in when you take it for repair. Some warranties are also "voided" by using so-called generic cartridges in the printer. It's just their way of making you buy their high priced ink.

Ink, regardless of brand, cannot damage the printer, because it doesn't actually contact the printer. It can damage the print heads on the cartridge itself if it's not compatible, but it's extremely rare. (09/04/2008)

By just Me