Browsing: Uses for Prescription Bottles

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Uses for Prescription Bottles

Old prescription bottles can come in handy for sorting, storage and craft projects. The come in a variety of sizes and it's not hard to find a use for them around the house. This is a guide about uses for prescription bottles.

pill bottle hide a key
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

June 16, 2014 Flag

I had my husband drill several small holes in the lid. Then I stuffed cotton balls inside and poured scented oils in it. It doesn't leak. I put them in my vehicle to make it smell good.

August 23, 2016 Flag

Are there any uses other than tossing?

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I use them for sewing needles that are already threaded. It keeps them safe and convenient to use.

I use them for beads when you have a lot of them you have to get create with container

August 27, 2009 Flag

I have seen several people ask about uses for pill bottles and decided to give my assorted uses for them.

By knitter926 from Bloomington, IL

September 20, 2010 Flag

Keep straight pins in a prescription medication bottle. This keeps them out of children's hands.

Keep Pins in Prescription Bottle

October 20, 2011 Flag

For quite some time, I've been using old vitamin bottles, pill bottles, etc., to store the lancets, blood test strips, etc., I use to check my glucose levels, until they can be disposed of.

February 18, 2016 Flag

This is a guide about making a pill bottle hide-a-key. It is easy to have a weather proof hidden key outside your home to make sure you can always get inside.

Making a Pill Bottle Hide-a-Key

July 5, 2006 Flag

You can use a prescription bottle to make a little sewing kit for travel or as a gift for a college student. It's the perfect size to fit a couple small spools of thread, a few needles, a needle threader, a thimble and some buttons.

April 8, 2013 Flag

I have had some rather large pill bottles that would hold a lot of coins, so I decided to sort them and label each bottle by quarter, dime and so on. I was amazed how much money you can save in those pill bottles.

August 15, 2009 Flag

Where can you sell empty prescription bottles?

By mama62 from Fairhaven, MA

I label mine like a pill box such as Monday AM, Monday Noon, Monday PM and when I have my prescriptions refilled I sort them for a week at a time or more. I have even just put a piece of scotch tape on them and date them so we don't lose track of taking our medicines.

Actually someone is selling them on eBay, or was a couple of months ago. You could post them on Craigslist or FreeCycle.

Used prescription bottles are not safe for food since medications can leach into the plastic, and then back out into your food, but like others here, I couldn't see putting them in my recycle bin without at least trying to see if anyone wanted them. I posted on Craigslist in the 'for sale/wanted' section to see if anyone wanted them, and I had 4 responses within a couple of hours. One person wanted them to store beads and beading supplies, another to organize and store electronic parts, another wanted them to organize small craft supplies and one wanted them for a film he's making about the prescription drug industry. 2 of the people who wanted them said they'd check back with me in a few months to see if I had more.

My DH put together a toolbox for a friend and he used a whole bunch of prescription bottles to hold different sizes of nails, screws, bolts and washers and the like.

April 16, 2014 Flag

I found the labels were really easy to get off my med bottles, so I am going to use them for this year's and last years seeds. I may also use them for craft stuff. So now whenever I finish a medication I clean the bottle and remove the label.

pill bottles

March 12, 2010 Flag

Instead of buying travel sized bottles of shampoo and other things, at our house we used old prescription medicine bottles. They ones with the kid proof lid from Walgreen's can hold liquids without leaking. It saves a lot of money and helps the environment too.

February 19, 2008 Flag

When I create a "custom" color with acrylic paint, I'll pour the "leftovers" into an empty, clean prescription bottle.

September 23, 2008 Flag

I am on several different medications and every month I would throw the bottles away, because I did not know of any use for them, other than beading. The other night, I thought maybe they can be used in the bottom of plant jars, along with rocks.

April 8, 2013 Flag

Does anyone have any ideas on how to use empty prescription bottles? Unfortunately I receive many medications on a monthly basis and I really do not want to throw them out. I have been using the large ones to collect spare change, mainly quarters for laundry. Thanks for your feedback!

Load More
Better Living Green Living ReusingOctober 18, 2011
Old Perfume Bottle
Uses for Old Perfume Bottles
Prescription Eyeglasses Sitting on Eye Chart
Saving Money on Prescription Eyeglasses
Old woman holding prescription drug bottles.
Prescription Drugs Tips for Seniors
Recycling Prescription Bottles, Prescription Bottles on White Background
Recycling Prescription Bottles
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on September 24, 2016 at 11:05:53 PM on 10.0.2.17 in 5 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.