Credit Card Deals - Categories:

Credit CardsBudget & Finance

Credit Card Deals

I'm looking for credit card deals that include cash back, airline miles, money towards cars, etc. I do have a Discover that gives me a little money back, but I would like to know what else is out there. Please include the name of the card, the bank who issues the card and any other information you think is important for me to know.

<p>I usually pay the balance at the end of the month so if I have to carry a balance to the next month, I'm not interested in that card. I would prefer not to know about Internet credit cards, though, not quite ready for those.

Thanks!

Maureen

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

If you have a Shell gas station near you, you can apply for a Shell MasterCard through Chase that gives you 5% off on your Shell gas purchases and some money back based on your total purchases (similar to Discover)

I have been a United Frequent Flyer member since l983; they also have a "United" Visa Card that you receive frequent flyer miles for every dollar charged. Once you have your Visa account you can refer friends and receive additional miles if they sign up.

They do charge a fee of $60.00 a year, however, they have a 6 months trial period.

You have to evaluate the advantages and decide on a case by case basis.

It has worked for us for years. We use to travel to Hawaii every year and accumulated miles toward upgrades to first class (both flying and Visa charges)... believe me, first class is much better than scrunch class on a long flight! We loved it!

We charge everything possible to receive miles, however, we pay the bill off each month so there is no interest (that's the key). Safeway, a grocery store offers United miles if you sign up for one of their "savings card" with your frequent flyer number. We can pay our electric, oil, Verizon Mobil, cable, doctor, dentist, food, car repairs, car rentals, gasoline, hotel/motel, airline tickets (no matter who we fly), etc., (just ask if they take Visa) it all adds up.

Syd Barr

Dunkirk, MD

I always used Discover card for the cash back but found a better card. I signed up at greenpoints.com and applied for their Visa card(Fleet bank) where every dollar I spend gives me points for gifts. I go for the gift certificates(no shipping charge) and find I'm making more money this way. I carry no monthly balance either. There is no annual fee for this card. Soon(their system is not ready yet) I will be able to pay my balance online to save stamps(no fee)just like I used to pay Discover.Check it out.

I use an L L Bean Visa card that gives me $10 for L L Bean merchandise after I charge $1,000 on that card. Plus I get free shipping and free initialing on LL Bean products. I get many Christmas presents this way, including a new pair of flannel pajamas for my dad every year. The trick is to charge as many things as you can. My oil for the furnace is charged, donations to charities, my groceries, airline tickets, everything I can possibly charge. Then I pay if off monthly.

Check out Credit Card Mix - http://www.creditcardmix.com. This is one of the sites you must see. They made it very easy to search for credit card deals. If you pick a category (let's say in your case you would be interested in rewards) then the card profiles displayed on the page will also show what other categories these cards belong to. So, it's easy to spot a real deal. Something like reward credit cards with cash back and airline miles programs, balance transfer and cash advance options.

Budget & Finance Credit CardsFebruary 4, 2001
Shopping Online Without a Credit Card
Shopping Online Without a Credit Card
A woman pushing a cart of presents.
Finding Black Friday Deals Online
A couple renting a car.
Renting a Car Without a Credit Card
Credit Report on Table
Raising Your Credit Score
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on September 28, 2016 at 1:46:29 PM on 10.0.1.230 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.