Removing Stains on a Couch

My neighbor gave me a sofa he no longer needed and I found it has a stain on the seat. It looks like it might be vomit. How do I remove the stain?

By Rachelle from Denver, CO

Answers

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

You can try spray on combination carpet and upholstery cleaner. Woolite has a brand called Heavy Traffic Carpet and Upholstery that might do the trick :-) Call around to different stores like Walmart, Target, etc. to see if they carry it and if I remember right Ace Hardware stores carry it.

January 12, 2011 Flag

I have a rusty looking stain on my couch. I've tried lots of different things to get it out. I'm afraid I've ruined the fabric. Does anyone have any neat ideas how to conceal the area? I can't afford to reupholster it or buy a new one. - Clara

Answers:

Stain on Couch

Suggestions: throw rug, afghan, quilt. If you don't have any of these try your local thrift store. Goodwill often has afghans. Look at fabric stores for sales and purchase an attractive window covering and make a throw which fits into your decor. (03/31/2001)

By infowiz

Stain on Couch

Depending on the size of the stain, you may be able to find a piece of fabric that coordinates with your couch. You didn't mention where it was (on an arm, a cushion) so that makes it harder to suggest a fix. Sometimes if you turn your couch over you can find extra fabric (you may have to take off the cheesecloth on the bottom.) which you could use to patch the place. Slip covers are also available. - Anna (04/09/2001)

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Cleaning Stains off of a Couch
Cleaning Stains on a Couch
Home and Garden Cleaning FurnitureJanuary 12, 2011
Grape juice that is splashing out of the cup.
Removing Grape Juice Stains from a Tablecloth
Repairing Lumpy Couch Cushions
Repairing Lumpy Couch Cushions
Photo of a furniture spring isolated on white.
Repairing Couch Springs
Two girls putting on nail polish on a couch.
Removing Nail Polish Stains From a Couch
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 15, 2017 at 9:55:11 AM on 10.0.2.236 in 5 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.