Stains in Toilet

I cannot get a brown stain out from right underneath the toilet bowl rim. It goes around a large portion of the bowl. I suspect the porcelain was not finished properly (coated) and is still porous. What can I do?

We'll be putting our house on the market within the next year, and I don't want such an ugly stain to repel potential buyers (and us, in the meantime). Thanks in advance.

By Piove from USA

Best Answer

Try using BarKeeper's Friend cleanser on a sponge (the kind with a rough scrubbing side). The stain sounds like a mineral stain to me, and BarKeeper's will remove that kind of stain whereas the bleach cleansers won't. The stain will probably dissolve in less than 5 minutes.

DON'T mix the two kinds of cleansers!

I remember 20-30 years ago the company 'Watkins' had a product that did this like a charm. They sold spices too. Here is the website: Good Luck, Joan

Buy some tablets for your dentures and put them in the toilet wait til after they fizz and then clean the toilet works great for my bathroom, or for tough stains use apple cider vinegar in the water of the toilet bowl.

Toilet bowl
Cleaning Toilet Bowl Stains
Home and Garden Cleaning BathroomOctober 3, 2009
A toilet being cleaned with blue water.
Cleaning Blue Stains in a Toilet
Toilet being scrubbed with a toilet brush by someone wearing pink rubber gloves
Cleaning Hard Water Stains from a Toilet
Toilet Brush Head
Toilet Brush Head Stuck in Toilet
Saving Money on Toilet Paper
Saving Money on Toilet Paper