Cleaning a Teflon Griddle

I was wondering if anyone knows how to clean a teflon coated griddle that has a dark buildup of cooking oil and cooking spray and is very sticky to the touch. I just can't seem to get it off. Also, I used my steam iron to apply a patch to some fusible web and now my iron seems to stick when I try to iron something and will not iron smoothly. I tried some white vinegar on a paper towel while the iron was hot and it helped alittle, but it still drags when I try to iron something. Does anyone have any idea on how to remove this buildup?

By Kathy

Try baking soda. Dampen a cloth and dip in baking soda and rub away! In the case of the griddle, it may take a while, but it will work.

- Connie Rogers

I'd try HOT Dawn Dishwater for the griddle. Even maybe boiling the water in the kettle.That's my only guess, unless the boiling water itself will melt off the gunk.

- Linne Dodds

During the summer (if they carry it year round, I have not seen where it is kept) if you look around where they sell barbecuers they sell a product to clean your barbecuer with. This has griddles, cast iron, etc. listed on there as well.

Try barkeepers friend, a cleanser, for your griddle.

yes, you have to get a griddle cleaner which looks like a brush with metal hairs, this you can get at smart and final for less than 3 dollars and they mostly come in red blue or white handles.

Use washing powder such as tide arm and hammer etc. Put it on the pan with just a little water just enough to make a thick paste. Use a blow dryer to heat chemical solution then wipe clean.

I can't find anything about cleaning a clothes iron. It is scorched & I need to get it off in order to iron clothes & not leave a stain. Does that one response of baking soda w/a damp cloth work?

Egg frying in Teflon pan on gas stove.
Cleaning Teflon
Home and Garden Cleaning DishesSeptember 18, 2001
Smooth Top Stove
Cleaning a Smooth Top Stove
Eggs cooking on an electric griddle.
Buying an Electric Griddle
Teflon Pan
Cooking With Teflon Cookware
Chocolate Chip Cookies
Making Cookies on an Electric Griddle