Saving Money on Beads for Beadwork

Tips for saving money on beads for doing beadwork.

Look For Beads In Thrift Stores

If you make costume jewelry using beads, consider shopping in thrift stores. Some of the best quality beads, such as crystal, can be found that way for restringing. All are much less costly than in craft stores.

By Sandra McArdle

Garage Sales

Garage sales have been a great way to find beads for crafts.

By valleyrimgirl

Salvage From Other Projects

I will often buy craft projects at garage sales/thrift stores that are not my taste. Then I take them home and salvage the beads that they contain. Clothing, purses and wall hangings will often have beads used in them.

By It's Me

Craft Supplies

If you are a crafter, people often will actually want someone to buy them that will use them. Ask at garage sales if they have any craft supplies or beads. Also look through the jewelry for broken pieces or inexpensive beaded necklaces. Sometimes you find the best things in little boxes of miscellaneous stuff.

Let people know you are doing bead work and you will be surprised how many people have a few beads put away that they may be willing to give you.

Ebay is another good place to find beads. They are usually pretty cheap to ship so can be a good deal.

Susan from ThriftyFun

Do you have any tips for saving money on beads? Post them below.

I just "rescued" a ton of black beads from an old sweater than was given to me. They were all sizes and shapes, and there were black sequins, too. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!

I ask some my friends' old beads jewelries, wash them and let it dry..select the ones that still glitters and glancing condition and re-make them into a new beading design jewelries.Group them according it's colors,forms and textures.Attach some new gold butterflies.

I find beads on old clothes, purses, and belts. Good quality beads that normally I could not afford.

Craft Supplies
Saving Money on Craft Supplies
Crafts BeadworkApril 18, 2007
Corn starch beaded necklace.
Making Cornstarch Beads
Pony Beads
Crafts Using Pony Beads
Spilled Beads
Cleaning Up Spilled Beads
Beaded poinsettia flower with leaves.
Beadwork Tips And Tricks
🎄