Stretching Your Craft Materials Budget

I love to do crafts, but on a tight income it is often too expensive. Then I hit on the idea of entering them in the county fair. I use the premium money for more craft materials to enter the next year. I make my Christmas gifts early, enter them in the fair, then send them away at the holidays. Since I also enter dried herbs from my flower beds, the premium money gets extended a little further, and we have yummy perennial herbs at no cost!

What an awesome, thrifty idea.

That is a great idea. Also keep in mind that supplies are often still new but donated to thrift stores at rock bottom prices. Example: I once got a bag of 6 unskeined big skeins of yarn for just 5.99. That meant I got 4 free. Same with fabric, faux flowers, hooks and needles, crochet thread, and tons more.
I once paid 2.00 for a formal. I got 4 yards of fabric and 4 of lace, a rhinestone brooch, zipper and pearlescent buttons. Quite a haul when you consider what it probably was new, and what I would have paid new for what I got.

I hope that helps!

It's also fun to explore crafts which require inexpensive supplies, Coreen. Pop-can pull tabs, for instance? Ask friends to collect them for you to add to your own efforts? Check Google Images for all the options, then dream up a few of your own?