PetsPhotos

Tabitha (Tabby Mix)

This is Tabitha, a very sweet kitty. I do not have any idea how old she is. Her eyes are clear and bright, and she is very active, so I assume she is a younger cat. Tabitha is a feral tabby mix as far as I can tell. Tabitha showed up in my yard a few years ago. She was hunting birds at my bird feeder. Now I feed her so she doesn't crave the birds as much.

She likes to hunt! Gophers and birds can keep her occupied for quite a while. She is very patient. They seem more like entertainment than dinner. She watches me through the windows from afar. If she gets hungry enough she will wait for me by my patio door, and expect a treat. Though she is feral and very happy that way, I still consider her my pet.

By The gal from RPV

Tabitha appears to be well-fed, and her coat is nice, so she is obviously eating pretty well for a feral kitty. The fact that she's been around "a few years" must mean that you are

her chosen human. LOL

It's very good of you to care for her. Too bad that more people don't try to help these little animals and treat them like

something that's alive with feelings.

Thank you for setting such a great example and sharing with us.

Pookarina

Reply Like this photo? Yes

I agree with Pookarina. Your kitty looks very healthy. If she is spayed you can greatly control your local feral cat population. I have been getting all our locals spayed and neutered as soon as they become friendly enough to come near me.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Tabitha is beautiful, you are obviously taking good care of her!

Reply Like this photo? Yes